508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
egemenerd says

Many buyers expect wordpress themes, but buy HTML templates. This causes unhappy buyers and low ratings for authors. I think TF needs extra explanation field for HTML templates. I made one :P

231 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
imultime says

Haha, a person who can read and spell wordpress should be able to figure out that the theme they are buying isn’t wordpress. :P If they knew what wordpress is, they would certainly look for the word “wordpress” when they’re buying I suppose. :D

1243 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Smartik says

Haha, a person who can read and spell wordpress should be able to figure out that the theme they are buying isn’t wordpress. :P If they knew what wordpress is, they would certainly look for the word “wordpress” when they’re buying I suppose. :D

The perfect answer! :)

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

All HTML templates should have a disclaimer pop up before viewing the demo if not the item page even saying ” I agree that I understand this is a HTML file and WILL NOT work on Wordpress should I decide to purchase it”.

1412 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

This is stupid, although I am guilty of purchasing a plugin from CC thinking that it was for wordpress, I don’t think there is a need for this, people should read before they buy anything.

508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
egemenerd says

All HTML templates should have a disclaimer pop up before viewing the demo if not the item page even saying ” I agree that I understand this is a HTML file and WILL NOT work on Wordpress should I decide to purchase it”.

+ 1

by
by
by
by
by
by