• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

Have have to disagree with disabling functionality (or complete theme) without purchasecode. The main problem is that loyal buyers are forced to enter there code and end up asking “Where can I find my purchasecode?” (even if it’s clear and mentioned in the docs) and get screwed if some error occurs (Envato API is down, wrong code, etc.)

And the “bad guys” – which this kind of verification is for – just wipe out the code and continue been bad guys.

751 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

The woo guys figured something out. If they can do it i am sure some guru here can do it

314 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
kops says

If someone is going to pirate the theme, it’s going to take them 5 seconds flat to disable any theme verification.

If we were going down the hypothetical route, you would want verification not just for each theme but for each instance of each theme as I’m sure there are many, many buyers who will have purchased a theme and used it multiple times on different projects.

234 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Prothemeus says

The woo guys figured something out. If they can do it i am sure some guru here can do it

What did they figure out?

751 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

I don’t know exactly. I just know they said that they were going to be using some kind of purchase verification starting around the new year. That every theme will need to be activated.

by
by
by
by
by
by