1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

Speaking as an author, 5 years ago I started with 25% rate and didn’t complain. Higher rate should be a reward for real hardworking bee.

228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

I think 70% is rightfully reserved for authors that reach the 75,000$ milestone and for special occasions like this. However, I still think that some file types should get a price increase, like the PSD and HTML template files.

It would make reaching that milestone a bit easier ;-)

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Speaking as an author, 5 years ago I started with 25% rate and didn’t complain. Higher rate should be a reward for real hardworking bee.

Totally Agree!

8273 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

The 70% week was in celebration of Envato’s birthday. Not only is a great gift to authors, it really stimulates file upload counts and gives the marketplaces an anual little spark. When it becomes a monthly thing, I’m afraid it would lose quite a bit of this exclusivity and would just end up being about a few lucky bucks ;) So while there’s obvious gain to be had personally, I don’t think it’s much good for the marketplaces as a whole.

couldn’t have said it better :)

2181 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Slightly offtopic, but let’s just not forget that for some marketplaces (especially ThemeForest) it’s relatively easy to work a bit harder and reach 70% relatively easy. On the other hand, some other marketplaces make it quite hard to reach the limit. Not that I’m complaining, just making a comparison we should all be aware of.

I don’t even know why I said this, but, oh well… :D

3 posts Rbista
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
rbista says

+1

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Solair says

Why not just give exclusive authors 70% commissions… Period.
Gotta work for it :) they’ve already increased commissions HEAPS , check the historical rates. When we started we were getting nowhere near the commissions they are handing out now. Envato has lots of bills to pay, if everyone got 70% they wouldn’t be able to sustain the marketplace.

Those that aren’t exclusive authors (and there are many) lose 70% of their money when they sale. While exclusive authors only get 50%... Do you seriously believe Envato doesn’t have enough money?

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Heartbreak says

Why not just give exclusive authors 70% commissions… Period.
Gotta work for it :) they’ve already increased commissions HEAPS , check the historical rates. When we started we were getting nowhere near the commissions they are handing out now. Envato has lots of bills to pay, if everyone got 70% they wouldn’t be able to sustain the marketplace.
Those that aren’t exclusive authors (and there are many) lose 70% of their money when they sale. While exclusive authors only get 50%... Do you seriously believe Envato doesn’t have enough money?

When you count every single item + every single member that sales on this site and count the amount of exclusive and non-exclusive members… I think Envato gains more then enough, not to mention the ads they might pull on their websites.

This website is not maintained by Envato, it’s maintained by their authors that has nothing to do with Envato. We don’t have to be thankful for their small prizes, they should be thankful we are here selling our stuff. No offensive, just my belief.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
DynastyWeapons says

This website is not maintained by Envato, it’s maintained by their authors that has nothing to do with Envato. We don’t have to be thankful for their small prizes, they should be thankful we are here selling our stuff. No offensive, just my belief.

When you go on, you go on hard, lol!

by
by
by
by
by
by