156 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
FaroukMallah says

Hello everyone, I just need ur opinions i’m thinking about selling my stuff on other sites beside AJ, i heard people make a lot of money out there, is this a good idea? Or it’s just me with lil amount of sales ? I’ve been here for like 4 months or 5 .. With only 6 sales …..... I always see people talking abt a lot of sales on other websites… I just wanna know if u guys already experienced other sites, and if so.. Plz mention one or two (if that’s ok with AJ), cheers!

515 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Sky-Productions says

I personally made the choice to compose all material to AJ. Its a huge hassle balancing all the other sites and with the potential of a 70% cut per sale and the amount of sales here I choose to be AJ exclusive after I did the non-exclusive game. So far its been a great experience. I only upload data to one site and give all my energy to this one site. Its very nice.

156 posts
+1 more
FaroukMallah says

Hello mate, thanks for the advice, So u think i should stick with AJ only, compose more tracks and wait

391 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Revturkey says

Hard to know for sure which way would maybe work best for you but…

I tried at the start using other sites and to be honest found Audiojungle was better organised and had a more professional interface for both buyers and sellers. I have found staff and other authors to be very helpful and informative and there seems for the most to be a good feel about the marketplace.

But…more importantly…I just plain did better on here. I found it was easier for buyers to find and purchase the use of my music…and that has made me focus on Audiojungle this past few months. I have been treated with excellence by people using and running this site and I feel a degree of loyalty towards them all.

Works for me. I haven’t made a fortune yet but I really love this site :)

156 posts
+1 more
FaroukMallah says

I think the best way is to keep on composing and post on here, get active and self promote my stuff everywhere,Thanks and best of luck mate, cheers! :))

2172 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

IMO I think it is best to stay with AJ and ride out the good and bad times with sales. The staff and community are fantastic and are always on hand to support the author. Of course it would be great to have a sales chart that is always rising each month but we have to rely on the music we have in our portfolio to be suitable for buyers projects.

952 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

IMO I think it is best to stay with AJ and ride out the good and bad times with sales. The staff and community are fantastic and are always on hand to support the author. Of course it would be great to have a sales chart that is always rising each month but we have to rely on the music we have in our portfolio to be suitable for buyers projects.

Big +1 on that GB

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

When I was deciding between being exclusive and non-exclusive, the primary reason for exclusivity was the lack of time. I barely have time to compose, so I wanted to reduce the work overhead of packaging and submitting the item to multiple marketplaces.

But after some time actually I see another reason to stay exclusive. I need to promote my items outside AJ. So right now I drive all traffic to AJ, but if I wasn’t exclusive author, I’d probably split the traffic from my advertisements to different marketplaces. As the result, the sales achieved by my own promotion would be also split between the marketplaces. So instead of having 1000 sales of a particular track on AJ, I might expect maybe 400 sales in three separate marketplaces. What is better? Well, 1200 sales is more than 1000, but I’d rather have one AJ track with 1000 sales on AJ than three tracks with 400 sales, because with 1000 sales the track would already visible in the list of top tracks sorted by sales so it would bring a nice traffic without advertising.

Of course, exclusivity doesn’t mean that all tracks I compose must sell with AJ. I have many tracks I compose with PRO registering in mind, but they are strictly separated from my AJ portfolio.

1185 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
Gae47 says

I think the best way is to keep on composing and post on here, get active and self promote my stuff everywhere,Thanks and best of luck mate, cheers! :))

Yes, definitely build up your portfolio otherwise you will get swamped in the search engines by other authors with large portfolios (ahem..mentioning no names :) ) Also, uploading regularly gets you on the front page and seen more often and of course being active on the forums and self promotion on other sites will also help.

Good Luck!!

Badvertisement_Inc
Badvertisement_Inc Recent Posts Threads Started
51 posts
Badvertisement_Inc says

Does any of you guys use Google Adwords to advertise your work for example? We are looking into it, but we’re not quite sure if it’s worth it.

by
by
by
by
by
by