What DAW do you prefer/use? and why?

23 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Japan
Musicrayon
says

Digital performer7. I’m wondering if I should switch to pro tools or update to DP8.

Romosel-Exclusive
Romosel-Exclusive Recent Posts Threads Started
361 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+9 more
Romosel-Exclusive
says
2826 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 5
  • Featured Author
  • Featured Item
+6 more
gballx
says

Cubase 6.5 – awesome with Waves plugins. Waiting for Cubase 7.0 to settle down and bug free!

2043 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 3
+11 more
matsteiner
Envato team
says

Cubase 6.5 – awesome with Waves plugins. Waiting for Cubase 7.0 to settle down and bug free!

+0.5, because i run Cubase 7 :) But Waves too, of course !!!

2826 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 5
  • Featured Author
  • Featured Item
+6 more
gballx
says

Is v.7 stable?

19 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
olloproject
says

I use Sonar most of the time, just because I’ve been a Cakewalk user for 15 years by now)))

147 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
JasonGraham
says

Wow, I guess I’m the first Logic reply! And actually, I use Logic Express 9. I’m waiting (hoping) for Logic Pro X or 10 to come out to upgrade. Why? Probably because I’m on Mac and seemed like “logical” choice, and I also heard a lot of good things about it. Now that I’ve been using it for a while, I love it! When I was on Windows, I was a long time Cakewalk user.

1255 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
  • Featured Author
+1 more
Kurlykovs
says

You can use the search before you start a new thread ;) http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/so-what-daw-do-you-use/66757 http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/what-programs-do-you-use-to-write-your-music/65673?page=1

I know there are old threads but i was to lazy to search for one honestly and i wanted to see a fresh thread with fresh people and opinions :D

383 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 7
  • Blog Interview
  • Bundle Boss
+8 more
brandonamatias
says

I use Pro Tools 9. The only reason I’ve stayed with it is because I grew up using it in college, and it would take too much time to backtrack and learn another program.

I’ve often told people that if I had a choice to do it again, I’d pick Logic. It seems like Logic was designed with composers in mind while Pro Tools was created with professional mixing and editing in mind (It’s a fact because PT wasn’t MIDI integrated until Pro Tools 8 ).

by
by
by
by
by
by