407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
illuminations says

So I have this Pop R&B track in the review cue right now and I wanted to know what genre of music you think would be best to put it under? While it is very R&B it is definitely a pop approach to it. You could also consider it Hip Hop as well. So my question is what genre do you think would give me the best results? If you look at the best sellers in Pop, R&B/Soul, and Hip Hop it seems Pop has the best sellers by far with R&B/Soul having the lowest selling top tracks. So it would seem my two best options are Pop or Hip Hop even though this track would be just a little out of place compared to most of the tracks I’ve heard labeled pop on AJ. So where do you think I should place it for the best chance at good sales?

Here is the track by the way. https://soundcloud.com/stevenbolar_music/fire-and-ice
866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

I would go with what you think is best, as I am not certain any of the three is necessarily the “best” choice. However, I would recommend that you include the other genres in the tags. This way you have all your bases covered. So, if you pick Pop as the genre, just make sure you have R&B, Soul and Hip Hop as tags.

407 posts
+4 more
illuminations says

Thanks Michalski, That’s a good point.

605 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
FlossieWood says

I would call it Pop/R&B so I would take the above advice, it’s good!

Great track by the way

407 posts
+4 more
illuminations says

Yeah that’s pretty much what I decided on. I put it in the “Pop” category (it just posted on AJ yesterday), but I added “pop/r&b” on the image next to the track, plus I did tagging for those styles as well. Thanks for the complement too by the way!

I would call it Pop/R&B so I would take the above advice, it’s good! Great track by the way
by
by
by
by
by
by