• Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

Hey everyone,

Thought I’d get everyone talking about their work and projects they have on the go at the moment.

I’m currently working on some client work and my first WordPress theme for ThemeForest but I also have quite a few 3D models in the pipeline, it’s just pulling myself away from updates, client work, full time work, etc.

I’ve also been meaning to enter the Canimation competition by Red Bull.

What is everyone else up to?

2284 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Well, I for one, got busy busy busy, as some might have noticed, since my activity throughout the marketplaces dropped by about 500% :D

First off, I managed to build my own REAL workstation. This was a huge project for me, as the last system I had built was around the year 2001, and the value of that system was about 20% that of the current build. That being said… I am currently the proud owner of two dual hexacore xeons, with 24 GB of ram, and a quadro 2000 (will be upgraded to 4000 later this year if needed, but so far, I do NOT regret not investing more).

Was a bit depressed at first, as I had requested a few quotes from specialized workstation builders, while also logically consulting web-configurators for hp’s z800 and the sorts. Most of them came back with a surcharge of about 1000-1500 Euro, with the same specs as my current build. I found that shameless, and decided to reawaken my hardware knowhow. After all, I was pretty much the first to build a fully watercooled system back in the days in my country, as the first documented one I found out about came only 5 years later, around 2006.

So… armed with the value of a small car in cash, I went on and ordered everything online, was lucky enough not to have any hardware that needed returning, and here I am, a few weeks later with a stable, working, yet again watercooled build.

Beyond that, I kicked my studies into second gear, as I felt everything was going too slow, and I haven’t really got time to breathe, but with this jolly monster sitting besides me, I decided to mix business with pleasure, and I do most of my concept work in 3D before touching my Stanley knife and styrofoam for any architecture models.

Below is just the latest project, a tilable facade element that has to have a depth of 6 cm and 12×12 cm measurements and is supposed to throw the viewer off of his perception senses, by seeming nothing but a printed texture from afar, but upon closer inspection, it should develop depth through light and shadow. Naturally… what better way to put that into context than with the new c4d R13 demo and physical render…

http://dribbble.com/shots/305700-Facade-Experiment

http://dribbble.com/shots/305702-Facade-Closeup

Hope you like it :P

Good luck with the Canimation comp! and of course with the other more web-related projects you’re working on :)

Cheers.

51 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
iJatrat says

Currently not actively designing 3D Models anymore but now studying hard to graduate from school and working on an envato app for the iphone!

2284 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Btw, there still is quite some time left untill the 5th of December, if any of you would like to join in on the fun, check out the 99Frames project.

Here’s what I submitted for it :D http://vimeo.com/groups/99frames/videos/31701434
11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
chandank13 says

Hi, I am working on several tutorials for CGTuts+ and AETuts+. Be in touch and updated with this link:- http://cg.tutsplus.com/author/chandan-kumar/

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
LanceSnider says

It’s been kind of a while since I’ve done any 3d, but I figured I’d give it a go. It’s got 101 polys.

1104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
3alisha says

@Lance, great ! 100 polys never looked better, neat stuff !

Cheers !

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Gold Mo Grower
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

I’ve just realised I haven’t uploaded a 3D model since August! :(

Need to get back in to my modelling. So much work, so little time!

1104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
3alisha says

I’ve just realised I haven’t uploaded a 3D model since August! :( Need to get back in to my modelling. So much work, so little time!
Looking forward !
1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Burningplasma says

I used to work in 3ds max a lot but now I am moving to blender, I found it to be mature enough in order to pull out most of the work I do. Organic modeling is a breeze as well as unwrapping. My next model will be a character, hopefully in the next gen class of models.

by
by
by
by
by
by