- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Community Moderator
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Author was Featured
- Item was Featured
- Won a Competition
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
So, our work load has reached a level where we need a little helper. Someone who we can email/skype, get the job done, and pay on a job by job basis.
Here’s a bit more about us: http://blueteddy.com.au/about_blueteddy.html
And here’s a bit about our clients: http://blueteddy.com.au/portfolio/website_design.html?show_all=true
We’re looking for someone who is currently working in the web industry, but is striving towards becoming a freelancer (ie: like we were 3 or 4 years ago). Must have free time during the week, and willing to learn how we operate. Someone in our time zone will be preferred, as we will have to work simultaneousness on some jobs (and I would like to turn the computer off after 5pm / on weekends )Here’s some examples of the small tasks we need assistance with initially:
- Adjusting a website banner
- Website text updates
- Creating website forms (no programming, just a form/table layout in dreamweaver)
- Various print work (flyers and logos)
- Adjusting existing print work (eg: changing the month / prices)
- Adjusting a menu / adjusting css so new menu items fit.
- Possible designing a PSD layout for a clients website based on a spec.
- Possibly building complete websites from a PSD design.
- Creating the odd jQuery image fader using jQuery cycle.
We have an in house CMS that most websites run through. It’s easy to make most updates through the CMS or if you prefer just use Dreamweaver.With each job we will usually provide (via email):
- FTP details
- Written description of the job task
- How much we can pay for the task (so you can choose if you want the job or not)
- How much room to leave for adjustments (eg: room for 2 small revisions if client is unhappy)
- If a quick mockup is required for client approval before doing the final version.
- A rough time frame / due date for the task.
- A little contract so we’re all on the same page
All work will be done via email, or skype if you really need to talk about something. We will run through any difficult jobs explaining how we like things to be done until you get the hang of our process.
We have tried the odesk/elance thing in the past, it didn’t work too well, so we’re taking this approach; finding and training a remote helper who is in it for the long run.
If you’re interested email me firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio, a bit about your current work situation and let us know how much free time you have during our 9am-5pm Mon-Fri (GMT+10)
Questions? email me ^^
I’ll be contacting some freelanceswitch people in the next few days too.
Dave & Hayley