90 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
comeero says

For me this is not an option. Customizing jobs are one of the good side effects on the envato marketplaces. Actually for me the only reason why I sell templates for just a few pennies. Of course I only customize my own templates, because I do not want to steal any business from anyone else.

So am I the only one who thinks that the business idea presented here is based on work of other authors and takes assignments away from those to where they belong?

16 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
cianism says

I’m bringing this post up to find out what’s Envato’s official position on this issue. Someone reply please :)

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

For me this is not an option. Customizing jobs are one of the good side effects on the envato marketplaces. Actually for me the only reason why I sell templates for just a few pennies. Of course I only customize my own templates, because I do not want to steal any business from anyone else. So am I the only one who thinks that the business idea presented here is based on work of other authors and takes assignments away from those to where they belong?

Well here’s a few things to keep in mind.

1. The license that all projects are sold under here on VH completely allows this practice. So long as anyone doing this buys a new licence of each project file for each customization job they get. And they make their clients aware that they’re charging for the customization of the project. The client owns the license to the project, not the person performing the customizing.
  2. If a person was on here, advertising their services in your item’s comments, I’d understand the thought that they may be taking your work from you. But if they’re advertising their services on their own, outside of VH and then buying a license of one of your projects for a customization job, it very well may be a customization job that would have never been offered to you to begin with. Heck, you probably would have never even gotten the sale for the job as there’s a good chance the client may not be aware of VH, or picked your file if they were aware. So a good way to look at this is a possibility for increased sales on your items, rather than looking at it like it’s lost work.
486 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
NeuronFX says

You can showcase my work! It would be nice if you send me a link through my email box on my profile, when the project is done. This is a great initiative and I like the idea, since its a great way of promoting videohive items. Many of the authors promote their items through their sites, but it would be even better if other external people promote the business.

16 posts
cianism says

For me this is not an option. Customizing jobs are one of the good side effects on the envato marketplaces. Actually for me the only reason why I sell templates for just a few pennies. Of course I only customize my own templates, because I do not want to steal any business from anyone else. So am I the only one who thinks that the business idea presented here is based on work of other authors and takes assignments away from those to where they belong?

Well here’s a few things to keep in mind.

1. The license that all projects are sold under here on VH completely allows this practice. So long as anyone doing this buys a new licence of each project file for each customization job they get. And they make their clients aware that they’re charging for the customization of the project. The client owns the license to the project, not the person performing the customizing.
  2. If a person was on here, advertising their services in your item’s comments, I’d understand the thought that they may be taking your work from you. But if they’re advertising their services on their own, outside of VH and then buying a license of one of your projects for a customization job, it very well may be a customization job that would have never been offered to you to begin with. Heck, you probably would have never even gotten the sale for the job as there’s a good chance the client may not be aware of VH, or picked your file if they were aware. So a good way to look at this is a possibility for increased sales on your items, rather than looking at it like it’s lost work.

Thanks! and does this policy work for all the other Envato sites?

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
aepanda32 says

hello again guys – im about to launch soon – sorry for the late reply/update

im wondering if this is ok with you[authors] or to envato…

im about to create promo videos soon for my company[project templates will be from videohive],

and will feature my service[customizing templates] & the authors’ videohive/envato’s sample video clips… [with the authors permission] -

is this something that i can do?

basically ill use the authors’ sample video clips as placeholders – and will also credit the author’s link + source link of the projects used in the desciption of the video

553 posts I have hope and a wonderful future in God
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
yeremia says

hello again guys – im about to launch soon – sorry for the late reply/update

im wondering if this is ok with you[authors] or to envato…

im about to create promo videos soon for my company[project templates will be from videohive],

and will feature my service[customizing templates] & the authors’ videohive/envato’s sample video clips… [with the authors permission] -

is this something that i can do?

basically ill use the authors’ sample video clips as placeholders – and will also credit the author’s link + source link of the projects used in the desciption of the video

You can showcase my works as long as you follow the procedure.

193 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
WebRa says

Hello aepanda32! There is a wish to look at your site rather :)

599 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

You can showcase my work too :)

by
by
by
by