42 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
aepanda32 says

Hi,

I’m into template customizing and and I would like to ask something before I put this plan of mine into action. I just want to be very certain that I’m not stepping any toes or causing red flags and other unwanted altercations if I am to pursue my plan.

Here’s my plan:

I plan to build a website where I can showcase/display VH templates. Each templates has its own page with descriptions and a RESELLER link that will go directly to VH website.

Also I want to offer customization services on top of that. As per the rules – I buy one (1) license for each client/head. To be exact, only 1 license per customization/client is allowed.

I also am planning to include a process where clients can choose the template, then we buy it for him then customize it for the client. And as per the rules, only 1 license per project/client. :)

With this plan, do I need to ask VH’s permission? What about the authors of each template I’m planning to showcase?

Any thoughts about this?

Best Regards!

3901 posts After Effects Templates
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
miseld says

Here’s my plan:

I plan to build a website where I can showcase/display VH templates. Each templates has its own page with descriptions and a RESELLER link that will go directly to VH website.

Any thoughts about this?

Best Regards!

You can’t re-sell our templates :) i have similar idea too about offering customization services,btw you have my permission to showcase any of my files.

549 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
yeremia says

You should ask the author permission to showcase their projects. And you can’t resell their project.

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
596 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
cloud9communication says

I dont mind you have 100% my permission. If you are doing everything 100% legal

42 posts
aepanda32 says

Here’s my plan:

Any thoughts about this?

Best Regards!
You can’t re-sell our templates :) i have similar idea too about offering customization services,btw you have my permission to showcase any of my files.

Even if I redirect them here in VH? Basically they buy your templates (Or I buy the template for them) on VH then they let me customize the template. Of course I’ll still be doing everything 100% legal. Each client will have to purchase the product. :)

Isn’t that aright? :)

42 posts
aepanda32 says

You should ask the author permission to showcase their projects. And you can’t resell their project.

Yes of course, I’ll ask for their permissions first before I actually post a template(including a link to the actual video hive page) on my website. :)

Yes my plan is not to take credit for the templates – All templates showcased in my planned website will be credited to the respective authors and that each template will have a link to the actual VH page.

Basically the client or me will just purchase the templates off from VH then they can have the option to let me customize it or not at all. :)

42 posts
aepanda32 says

I dont mind you have 100% my permission. If you are doing everything 100% legal

Thank you very much for your blessing. Yes definitely. I want my site be offer a 100% legit customizing services. :)

42 posts
aepanda32 says

Sorry, to be clear what about the “RESELLER” word in my previous posts – what I really meant to say and should have used the word “REFERRER” – the same REFERRER term used by VH for their affiliate program (http://videohive.net/make_money/affiliate_program).

Cheers!

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

So long as a new license is purchased for each project you should be good to go. Technically speaking you’re charging the clients a fee for the job of customizing the projects for them.

42 posts
aepanda32 says

So long as a new license is purchased for each project you should be good to go. Technically speaking you’re charging the clients a fee for the job of customizing the projects for them.

Hi Mark,

Yes! Precisely, the only fee I’m collecting here is for the “Template Customization”.

Templates per client will be still purchased from Envato (VH) per project (with each project having ONE unique license).

:)

by
by
by
by
by
by