- Author was Featured
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Exclusive Author
I have a device that uses SOAP/API. (there is an sdk, but i havent looked into it yet.)
I want the web app to always listen to that device, and each time a new data is sent the app does something.
What is the best technique ?
- Do i use an event listeners? (update the app once an event occurs), this requires js/ajax .. maybei’ll use angularJS.
- Do i have to use sockets ?
- Is there something else ?
Language isn’t a priority, i can work with any web technology and any server-side language.
I have done this for non-web applications using java, air for desktop (sockets to serial using serproxy).
The reason i ask is because a company wants my opinion about the best technique to approach this.
We might also hire someone to work on the system. Price is between $3K-$6k. Nothing is sure yet.