779 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I’ll send samples if you think you can accomplish them… Short elements which I need something similar to. Well you’ve found me. For others Vimeo has stuff people made that may or may not be getting views. So they have money to spend but are clueless about marketing PR Publicity even if that means they spend money on those… Money spent doesn’t guarantee success …. Your art could make their work better which could help them get noticed. Be willing to trade work for being credited on imdb and in movie credits as this makes your work appear worth more money. Most decision makers on big projects are accessible. Just think of how many people have a film festival film you could’ve made a trade with which would’ve exposed you to being noticed by decision makers. Lots of other places and I’ll add later. But do this …. Find tv show clips online used to promote shows and find peoples favorite commercials that get lots if views. I see a lot of people on here that design music and art seemingly without checking what’s working with an audience primarily of women.. You know … Certain styles are popular and yes you’re great at your own style… Look at promos for upcoming shows like “ready for love” NBC But to become known do similar to what’s already working. That includes the video hive talents. so much more to say which I’ll write and organize. Just know that there’s hope because the future is brighter. Sam

Hello, wanted to know how to contact you? Thank you, Sinar

305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

To ScottWills: GREAT LIST !

We’ve spent a lot on this site via other accounts which do not include my personal name.

Since I’m a potential customer you if you found the question, I’ll type some random thoughts quickly since I need to swim laps before the swimming pool closes.

First, this series of websites is simply the classiest and best place to find some of the best work in the world. We spend a lot of time searching. So, for starters, Scott is correct: VIDEOHIVE loses opportunity because the artists, even some of the best ones, did not have an agreement with you… so watching their samples is either silent (like a movie with no score), or worse, it needed music by YOU with your talent to make their art have more ‘feeling’ to it.

I get it because music and art live inside of me, so I focus on what I do in “Hollywood” and I want to hire the best talented individuals in the world to do what we know will reach the viewer, the listener – the person that you are writing your music, doing your art for. Reaching her through sound, sight… it’s my job. So I hope this helps.

As someone that has bought a lot from this site with other accounts for what we are working on, it would help you if search was not based on factors that keep people like us from finding what we need. The best will rise to the top, but only if I have the time to search through a lot more tracks than what comes to the first few pages sorted by ‘ratings’ or ‘sales’ ... this is not your fault, and I do not know how to engineer the searches to make finding the right track easier (without listening all night to clips). It’s also an issue to have to click the play button on each one. It would be easier to simply hover over it to hear it. Further, it’s not fair to you that a track may be drastically different at the beginning (where each begins) than in the middle. That said, I need to be able to give someone the opportunity to score two documentaries and a show. It might be a near perfect mix since we do not have the budget to purchase full rights to a lot of tracks, but we have the ability to help the right person(s) get noticed.

So, it I were in your shoes wanting people like me to spend money on music, I would do this:

I’d find someone like me that needs to utilize music for content I post (rough, reduced quality video cuts) that happen to be working on other projects that need music. Radio shows, television shows and documentaries need music because music affects human emotions.

There are a lot of people like me… working quickly to complete documentaries and a tv show without the budgets of the major studios, but with a wee bit of influence which makes it possible for us to, say, add your name to credits of videos, movies and tv shows. When we’re able to purchase rights to showcase your talent with our work that draws a nice-sized audience, it can create a certain amount of fame for you, your talent and might even have a side benefit of being noticed by decision makers we work with in the industry.

I understand… you’re not doing this for the fame of it, or the money of it… but then again that fame and money would make creating stadium-sized concert events with audiences that found you – well it’s more possible. And if you don’t want money once you make it as far as you have dreamt of going, you can give 100% of it away to those you say you wish to help. In my work, I have learned a lot from those that have worked in their art and officially reached ‘the dream’ ... and they have something in common, they give and give and give.

So if i were trying to market my music, I would find people like me, and agree to create something that’s like what’s needed for this or that project at a rate so low that its uncomfortable. In this way, you’re being challenged to do your dream work… your best work while getting something that can be worth more than those super costly marketing people in the entertainment and music business.

It really doesn’t hurt to have your name and music credited on YouTube, and what if it is in a movie or documentary, even most film festival movies list credits which are searchable on IMDb, and sites like that (and having your name in the end credits on screen at a movie) ... these are powerful tools that help build fame (and sales).

When in doubt, remember that Mark Petrie is like the rest of us, well except the world has been exposed to him through Spiderman this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3h-gWBArIs Great guy normal person, and he still has royalty-free tracks for sale.

Marketing the person(s) with the right kind of sound… we can do as we build what’s coming, and when projects are released, it becomes more fun. If interested, let me know what your dreams are. I noticed a message on here from Rodrigo Noales. Amazing talent! There’s a whole list I could add here, but I’ll make comments eventually on your profiles since your talent deserves the credit.

Sam

Great post. Seems like there should be a better system when it comes down to matching creative people with other creative people to work on tv and film projects, but alas, it’s just about building a name for yourself and getting your work out there, and on the other side, it can be the endless search for who or what sounds right at the right price. It seems a little bit like the Wild West out there; if you want to be successful you really have to work for it.

31 posts
  • Located in United States
sambotta says

We’ve spent a lot on this site via other accounts which do not include my personal name.

Since I’m a potential customer you if you found the question, I’ll type some random thoughts quickly since I need to swim laps before the swimming pool closes.

First, this series of websites is simply the classiest and best place to find some of the best work in the world. We spend a lot of time searching. So, for starters, Scott is correct: VIDEOHIVE loses opportunity because the artists, even some of the best ones, did not have an agreement with you… so watching their samples is either silent (like a movie with no score), or worse, it needed music by YOU with your talent to make their art have more ‘feeling’ to it.

I get it because music and art live inside of me, so I focus on what I do in “Hollywood” and I want to hire the best talented individuals in the world to do what we know will reach the viewer, the listener – the person that you are writing your music, doing your art for. Reaching her through sound, sight… it’s my job. So I hope this helps.

As someone that has bought a lot from this site with other accounts for what we are working on, it would help you if search was not based on factors that keep people like us from finding what we need. The best will rise to the top, but only if I have the time to search through a lot more tracks than what comes to the first few pages sorted by ‘ratings’ or ‘sales’ ... this is not your fault, and I do not know how to engineer the searches to make finding the right track easier (without listening all night to clips). It’s also an issue to have to click the play button on each one. It would be easier to simply hover over it to hear it. Further, it’s not fair to you that a track may be drastically different at the beginning (where each begins) than in the middle. That said, I need to be able to give someone the opportunity to score two documentaries and a show. It might be a near perfect mix since we do not have the budget to purchase full rights to a lot of tracks, but we have the ability to help the right person(s) get noticed.

So, it I were in your shoes wanting people like me to spend money on music, I would do this:

I’d find someone like me that needs to utilize music for content I post (rough, reduced quality video cuts) that happen to be working on other projects that need music. Radio shows, television shows and documentaries need music because music affects human emotions.

There are a lot of people like me… working quickly to complete documentaries and a tv show without the budgets of the major studios, but with a wee bit of influence which makes it possible for us to, say, add your name to credits of videos, movies and tv shows. When we’re able to purchase rights to showcase your talent with our work that draws a nice-sized audience, it can create a certain amount of fame for you, your talent and might even have a side benefit of being noticed by decision makers we work with in the industry.

I understand… you’re not doing this for the fame of it, or the money of it… but then again that fame and money would make creating stadium-sized concert events with audiences that found you – well it’s more possible. And if you don’t want money once you make it as far as you have dreamt of going, you can give 100% of it away to those you say you wish to help. In my work, I have learned a lot from those that have worked in their art and officially reached ‘the dream’ ... and they have something in common, they give and give and give.

So if i were trying to market my music, I would find people like me, and agree to create something that’s like what’s needed for this or that project at a rate so low that its uncomfortable. In this way, you’re being challenged to do your dream work… your best work while getting something that can be worth more than those super costly marketing people in the entertainment and music business.

It really doesn’t hurt to have your name and music credited on YouTube, and what if it is in a movie or documentary, even most film festival movies list credits which are searchable on IMDb, and sites like that (and having your name in the end credits on screen at a movie) ... these are powerful tools that help build fame (and sales).

When in doubt, remember that Mark Petrie is like the rest of us, well except the world has been exposed to him through Spiderman this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3h-gWBArIs Great guy normal person, and he still has royalty-free tracks for sale.

Marketing the person(s) with the right kind of sound… we can do as we build what’s coming, and when projects are released, it becomes more fun. If interested, let me know what your dreams are. I noticed a message on here from Rodrigo Noales. Amazing talent! There’s a whole list I could add here, but I’ll make comments eventually on your profiles since your talent deserves the credit.

Sam
Great post. Seems like there should be a better system when it comes down to matching creative people with other creative people to work on tv and film projects, but alas, it’s just about building a name for yourself and getting your work out there, and on the other side, it can be the endless search for who or what sounds right at the right price. It seems a little bit like the Wild West out there; if you want to be successful you really have to work for it.

A lot of people are working for it, they’ve paid their dues, but there’s something more. You’ve composed a lot of music, master works in a large variety of styles. You’ve chosen to live in California which gives you access to meeting with people that have some influence in music, television, film etc. So it’s more than work, it’s access and other factors. I know too many people living outside of Los Angeles that want to be an Actor, but they are not near “Hollywood” or “Bollywood” or any other worldwide center of entertainment.

What I see people do though is complain about the popular music without realizing why it’s popular. Before Ryan Seacrest Productions had the kind of influence it now does in popular music, the number of listeners per top five song were low. Sure, a ‘hit’ song has a short life span on the radio, but when music videos for songs (combining the Vevo channels with listener-made lyric videos, etc) have more than one Billion views, or 1,000,000,000 views, there’s something to be said for that. I’m not going to mention anything about revenue of ‘popular music’ since that’s a discussion I’m not willing to get into. The reasons a song becomes popular – this is another discussion I’ll avoid – but I’ll repeat this: These songs, through telling stories… through the use of SOUND technology, through creating brands, they create emotional connection with the listener.

For some reason, people feel they identify with famous names more than with their own family member. So, beyond the talent and hard work and _, , and ___, it’s about having a story to tell and knowing how the ones that are ‘the most successful’ by the standards of success in your mind … know how they got there since they’ve mapped out the paths.

305 posts
+1 more
adammonroe says

Sam

A lot of people are working for it, they’ve paid their dues, but there’s something more. You’ve composed a lot of music, master works in a large variety of styles. You’ve chosen to live in California which gives you access to meeting with people that have some influence in music, television, film etc. So it’s more than work, it’s access and other factors. I know too many people living outside of Los Angeles that want to be an Actor, but they are not near “Hollywood” or “Bollywood” or any other worldwide center of entertainment.

What I see people do though is complain about the popular music without realizing why it’s popular. Before Ryan Seacrest Productions had the kind of influence it now does in popular music, the number of listeners per top five song were low. Sure, a ‘hit’ song has a short life span on the radio, but when music videos for songs (combining the Vevo channels with listener-made lyric videos, etc) have more than one Billion views, or 1,000,000,000 views, there’s something to be said for that. I’m not going to mention anything about revenue of ‘popular music’ since that’s a discussion I’m not willing to get into. The reasons a song becomes popular – this is another discussion I’ll avoid – but I’ll repeat this: These songs, through telling stories… through the use of SOUND technology, through creating brands, they create emotional connection with the listener.

For some reason, people feel they identify with famous names more than with their own family member. So, beyond the talent and hard work and _, , and ___, it’s about having a story to tell and knowing how the ones that are ‘the most successful’ by the standards of success in your mind … know how they got there since they’ve mapped out the paths.
I’m not sure people realize how much work gos into something like a Justin Bieber. Yeah, there’s the talent, but there’s also a team of hundreds of people working on the brand, producing the music, Choreographing the kid, promoting him, working on his image, styling his hair, ect. The same holds true for probably 90% of the big-name “artists” out there right now. The music industry is a factory/machine, and has been that way for quite some time. It’s like everything else in this country; brand recognition. Every once in awhile a true artist or band will break into the limelight, but the likely-hood of that is relatively low, especially these days. You’re not going to see a repeat of the 70’s where everyone invested in rock-roll-bands, or even the 90’s where grunge got really popular. These styles of music rely to much on the musicians/bands themselves. The music now has to be controllable, mixable, producable, and marketable. At some point it’s as if the entertainment industry took a more proactive role in the production of music and talent. Sure, grooming has gone on to an extent for ages, but with things like boy bands, you had executives and producers assembling talent out of thin air (instead of discovering it,) and America got on-board with the idea. Now we have shows like American Idol, the Voice, ect. So the public doesn’t decide what music to consume, they just choose from a limited menu that is offered them. This has always been true to an extent in popular music, but your choices are becoming fewer and fewer. I don’t blame the entertainment industry, they are just doing whatever they think is profitable. But at a certain point we are talking about music here, and not all of it needs to be adulterated with money.

But I don’t think anyone here is looking for that level of success. I think most of us would be happy just making a living off of what we love to do.

6 posts
  • Located in Germany
SoundiX says

Thank’s, very helpful !!!

779 posts
+1 more
StudioEtude says

Hi…. I’ll send samples if you think you can accomplish them… Short elements which I need something similar to. Well you’ve found me. For others … 3dyantram.info/rendering_india
Very nice site! But where the pieces of music? Please send to me too, I’m sure I can cope with the music of any complexity … Thank you!

studioetude@gmail.com

78 posts
+2 more
kubawolanin says

That’s a great piece of advice Scott. Can’t even describe how helpful it is. My three cents of advice – Focus on staying creative and be motivated by helping people, not by earning money. If cash is the only thing that pushes you forward, every next song you upload will be less exciting than previous. Do what you love and keep recording your ideas. Then turn them into amazing songs.

Peace! :)

363 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlamanna says

Great information, thanks.

891 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
JohnRosso says

guys, tell me please, who buy royalty-free music ??? fiml-producer or manager? or something else? Thanks

38 posts
Noise-n-Music says

guys, tell me please, who buy royalty-free music ??? fiml-producer or manager? or something else? Thanks

As i know, anyone, who needs music. For example advertising agency, which i work for, usually buys music for viral ad projects. Independent authors (mosly film makers) also use AJ to find music or sounds for their youtube videos.

P.S. Very helpful information in the firs post! Thanks for sharing!

by
by
by
by
by
by