32 posts
  • Japan
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
heartnote says

Good morning,

I am a composer in California, and just signed up on Audiojungle in this October. Submitted music files are mainly for videogames/commercials. Since I am still new to the site, I would like to get some advice from experienced members. What is your approach to find out what buyers are looking for (such as using forums)?

Good luck to everyone, and thank you for your time

-Heartnote

*I’d appriciate any comments on my items: http://audiojungle.net/user/heartnote

1118 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
SonicCube says

Hello I think you can get an idea by looking at the popular items list. A few times i have tried to work towards something in demand, but in my case, it never turned out to work well. Either my compositions where weak, or people follow an author for his particular style and therefore missing your files in the same genre.

This is the one million Dollar question "what buyers are looking for" :)

I just do what i like and comes from my heart ( 90% of the time ). If this works, fine…if not…fine as well :) Sure i would love to earn more money with my work here on AJ, but hey, it’s more important to have fun and constantly evolve :)

142 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
mediamuse says

I think you should go for unexclusive and sell everywhere for now. The site is basically running with the leaderboard as they are exposed and their music is good and people don’t browse much more.

273 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+1 more
soundroll says

I personally work in post production area (sound for video) and I hear what clients choose usually. The most it is rhythmic, energetic and positive music, all depends on what kind of animation or video there is. So, I try to make music in that direction, that I think will sell good. Actually, I make what I want, if I feel at the moment I want to make dance music, I will make it, even I don’t listen to this genre usually, but definitelly I enjoy when I make music, no matter what style or genre. This is very important for me , to enjoy what you do. Buyers are looking for any kind of music, some style more, some less.

audiofool said
I think you should go for unexclusive and sell everywhere for now. The site is basically running with the leaderboard as they are exposed and their music is good and people don’t browse much more.
You can try to sell anywhere, that’s true, that way you can also know what sells good and where. There are always new authors during 3 years I ‘m on AJ, who appears on the popular list, so I cannot agree that only leaderboard sell.
32 posts
  • Japan
  • Exclusive Author
heartnote says
SonicCube said
Hello This is the one million Dollar question “what buyers are looking for” :) I think you can get an idea by looking at the popular items list. A few times i have tried to work towards something in demand, but in my case, it never turned out to work well. Either my compositions where weak, or people follow an author for his particular style and therefore missing your files in the same genre. I just do what i like and comes from my heart ( 90% of the time ). If this works, fine…if not…fine as well :) Sure i would love to earn more money with my work here on AJ, but hey, it’s more important to have fun and constantly evolve :)

Thank you very much for fast response. I see, I’ll just have to make what I want to make. It’s great that you have your own stoic aesthetic value. It’s definitely something I should look up to.

Thank you for your great answers! I found it realy helpful.

32 posts
  • Japan
  • Exclusive Author
heartnote says
audiofool said

Hello, thank you for your reply! I see, going unexclusive sounds like a good idea. I would love to promote myself, but yes, I find it a bit challenging when I don’t have a right to sell my music elsewhere. I appriciate that you privoded good info on business here! Thank you :)

32 posts
  • Japan
  • Exclusive Author
heartnote says
soundroll said
I personally work in post production area (sound for video) and I hear what clients choose usually. The most it is rhythmic, energetic and positive music, all depends on what kind of animation or video there is. So, I try to make music in that direction, that I think will sell good. Actually, I make what I want, if I feel at the moment I want to make dance music, I will make it, even I don’t listen to this genre usually, but definitelly I enjoy when I make music, no matter what style or genre. This is very important for me , to enjoy what you do. Buyers are looking for any kind of music, some style more, some less.
audiofool said
You can try to sell anywhere, that’s true, that way you can also know what sells good and where. There are always new authors during 3 years I ‘m on AJ, who appears on the popular list, so I cannot agree that only leaderboard sell.

Hello, and thank you for your reply! I see…I think that is true, because if I want to make a video, I’d want to have energetic music too. I personally feel that it is great that you are making what people need and still enjoy what you do. Thank you for a such delighting advice.

Also I want to congratulate you for being Legend for AJ!!!! (This morning I saw your link on Audiojungle top page)

by
by
by
by
by
by