The Envato Marketplaces are a fantastic way to earn money, but sometimes you may be looking for a way to draw extra attention to your portfolio of work. We’ve got something which may help you out! Each Envato Marketplace offers a ‘Free File of the Month’, where a file can be downloaded under a regular license once for free by anyone in that month. This is a great way to show off your skills to a huge range of people and attract attention to the rest of your portfolio!
The Free File of the Month is a great way to gain exposure as an author, promote your portfolio, and be more involved in the Envato community. Your item will be featured on the Marketplace front page for an entire month and you’ll get a nifty badge!
Criteria for SelectionIn order for a file to be considered as a Free File of the Month for any marketplace the file must meet the following criteria.
- You must be the author of the file you’re submitting.
- The file needs to have been on the Marketplaces for a minimum of 6 months in order to be eligible for selection as Free File of the Month, unless you’re submitting an item from PhotoDune.
- The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.
- Free Files of the Month are selected by the Marketplace Review Team and will be freely available to download from the Envato marketplaces and promoted sites for one month. Only items that are submitted via this form by the item’s author are eligible.
- ThemeForest’s Free File of the Month
- ActiveDen’s Free File of the Month
- CodeCanyon’s Free File of the Month
- AudioJungle’s Free File of the Month
- GraphicRiver’s Free File of the Month
- 3DOcean’s Free File of the Month
- PhotoDune’s Free File of the Month
- VideoHive’s Free File of the Month
You should have the link to the forms somewhere in the admin area.
Hi Jordan! Thanks for this topic! I’ve submitted at different times maybe 15-20 files in different styles and they are never was as a free file of the month..I’m surprised that you have a lack of submissions..:)
^ But you only submitted items from AudioJungle/VideoHive, or? Maybe Jordan has a lack of submission at other marketplaces.
Yes, i already did before this post. I wanted to do earlier, but i had to wait for match to these criteria. But here is a question: If the file will be not chosen for the next month, do i have to resend again a new offer/apply?
Great , I just submitted some !
I find this post hilarious because of this criteria: “The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.”
So people can now give the author a low rating (for whatever reason) and potentially the author can’t get their free file of the month? What about people who don’t rate an item? Seems a little unfair to me…
I’ve submitted several times meeting the criteria and nothing…. Do you not have a backlog already of items previously submitted?
Submitted a few times, used to get an email giving a reason for not choosing the file but it looks like you don’t send that email anymore. I thought it was because you got too many submissions but this thread shows otherwise….