854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

ffotm The Envato Marketplaces are a fantastic way to earn money, but sometimes you may be looking for a way to draw extra attention to your portfolio of work. We’ve got something which may help you out! Each Envato Marketplace offers a ‘Free File of the Month’, where a file can be downloaded under a regular license once for free by anyone in that month. This is a great way to show off your skills to a huge range of people and attract attention to the rest of your portfolio!

The Free File of the Month is a great way to gain exposure as an author, promote your portfolio, and be more involved in the Envato community. Your item will be featured on the Marketplace front page for an entire month and you’ll get a nifty badge!

Criteria for Selection

In order for a file to be considered as a Free File of the Month for any marketplace the file must meet the following criteria.
  • You must be the author of the file you’re submitting.
  • The file needs to have been on the Marketplaces for a minimum of 6 months in order to be eligible for selection as Free File of the Month, unless you’re submitting an item from PhotoDune.
  • The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.
  • Free Files of the Month are selected by the Marketplace Review Team and will be freely available to download from the Envato marketplaces and promoted sites for one month. Only items that are submitted via this form by the item’s author are eligible.
Are you interested in nominating one of your files for Free File of the Month? We strongly encourage you to submit your item for consideration by using

This Form

You can check out the current free files by visiting any Marketplace homepage or use the below links:

Enjoy!

91 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
DOTonPAPER says

Hi,

You should have the link to the forms somewhere in the admin area.

735 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

Hi Jordan! Thanks for this topic! I’ve submitted at different times maybe 15-20 files in different styles and they are never was as a free file of the month..I’m surprised that you have a lack of submissions..:)

234 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Stammi says

^ But you only submitted items from AudioJungle/VideoHive, or? :) Maybe Jordan has a lack of submission at other marketplaces. :)

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Yes, i already did before this post. I wanted to do earlier, but i had to wait for match to these criteria. But here is a question: If the file will be not chosen for the next month, do i have to resend again a new offer/apply?

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+10 more
Giallo says

Hi, You should have the link to the forms somewhere in the admin area.
But if it’s public and evident they’d receive thousands of requests a day. The link needs to be sneaky ;)
436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
studio_21 says

Great , I just submitted some ;) !

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

I find this post hilarious because of this criteria: “The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.”

So people can now give the author a low rating (for whatever reason) and potentially the author can’t get their free file of the month? What about people who don’t rate an item? Seems a little unfair to me…

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’ve submitted several times meeting the criteria and nothing…. Do you not have a backlog already of items previously submitted?

Jonathan

938 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says

Submitted a few times, used to get an email giving a reason for not choosing the file but it looks like you don’t send that email anymore. I thought it was because you got too many submissions but this thread shows otherwise….

by
by
by
by
by
by