38 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
ca5taway says

I don’t have a hardware synthesizer and i used several vst with midi controller.many producers says hardware is better.what do you think?

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

I use both and I personally think they both have their positives. I find vsti’s are great for control and all, but I tend to come up with cooler melody lines on the real stuff (hardware). But I come up with some unusual stuff with vsti’s. So, I guess I can’t really decide which I like better.

335 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
tiam says

I also use them both, however I have ben going more and more over to just using software because it doesn’t require that much space and most of them are cheaper as well. For sound modification hardware are for sure better in my opinion if you want to play around with sounds and create custom cool sounds. This is of course possible in software as well but turning on real knobs does fell way better.

Sound wise Analogue synths have a great warm sound to it that many times is hard to replicate in a software synth but todays quality of software synths does this really good so I don’t think there is that much of a noticeable difference.

124 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
JStephens says
tiam said
I also use them both, however I have ben going more and more over to just using software because it doesn’t require that much space and most of them are cheaper as well. For sound modification hardware are for sure better in my opinion if you want to play around with sounds and create custom cool sounds. This is of course possible in software as well but turning on real knobs does fell way better. Sound wise Analogue synths have a great warm sound to it that many times is hard to replicate in a software synth but todays quality of software synths does this really good so I don’t think there is that much of a noticeable difference.

+1

you can always go and get a knob set or keyboard that is compatible with your daws plugins and vstis. I’ve seen the old analogue synths and racks at studios and yes some of them are needed IMO but out of the hundreds used I’d say only 3 or 4 of them are really “Needed” while most everything else is now in plugins for daws and what have you.

If you really like the “FEEL” of an analogue rack then just go out and buy some usb knob sets for under 100 bucks.

Really in this day and age, analogue hardware is going out the door because it isn’t practical anymore and it’s way too expensive for the average user. Digital Plugins are much more practical, produce the same quality of sound nowadays and are much much much cheaper.

Really the only reason why any producers I’ve met use the analogue racks are because they started producing before the digital plugin gained popularity and became practical. They are just used to it, however most if not all producers have now moved into the digital age with plugins that are much cheaper and much more practical.

If you are looking for quality of sound they are both great, it’s basically about whether or not you want the feel of working with the analogue setup or working with the digital. If you’ve never worked with analogue synths and racks before, I’d say just stick with the digital.

38 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Russian Federation
ca5taway says

thank you guys for your opinion. I think that is enough for me vst

by
by
by
by