5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I think your time is probably better spent making new items. :)

Tanks for the tip felt_tips, you’re probably right. But I prefer to decide myself how my time is best spent ;)

Do what you like. Just trying to save you some time.

348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the input. I guess I just like to mess around a little and get the know the turf. Maybe I have too much time on my hands, and should indeed be making more items :P

1567 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Hi Andre,

I also found two of your items. :-)

But I don’t see what is the sence customers to search items by your name. If anybody would like to find you it is simple www.videohive.com/user/yourname. If somebody search from outside – google will anyway find it all. :-)

P.S. Looks like envoto properly indexed all of my files so I found almost all of them when typed my name in search box but again I am pretty sure this is useless and customers will never do this kind of search.

Best Regards, Andrey

348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

You guys are probably right. The thought came to mind originally because I find myself using the search to find certain people’s work by using their name as part of a search. Classic example: I search “Tim McMorris” on Audiojungle all the time :P (whatsup Tim?!! How you been?) And I don’t ever think of doing /user/... that’s just not natural or memorable enough, especially because you have to be exact. Searching gives you more flexibility.

My case is different than some of yours most likely, because I use my real name in all my products, username, documentation etc… instead of an alias. If I was using an alias this thread would obviously be about searching an alias and not a real name. And I can easily imagine this situation where someone might have seen some of my work and then forgot to bookmark it. But maybe they remember “Andre” and “cartoon” or “Navarre” and “walking” and try to search those terms in hopes of finding my items. This is the context for why I’m doing this experiment.

Searching for people’s names that are associated with a familiar product is a reflex I have and I’m thinking customers must have it too. If it’s easy for me to implement then why not provide that option to people? It can’t hurt (I hope!)

PS. Andrey did you type your full name or your username in the search? Try searching for “Andrey” and you will see there are no results. If you search “AndrVlad” you get excellent results though! and I think it’s because you use this brilliant text near the beginning of your item descriptions “(See all AndrVlad’s best selling items)”. I think I will do something similar :)

by
by
by
by
by
by