161 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Hey I’m seeing lots of references to collaborating with videohive authors and linking back and forth and so on. Is there a writeup on how that process works or could someone explain it to me?

666 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ZtarrZound says
1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Hey I’m seeing lots of references to collaborating with videohive authors and linking back and forth and so on. Is there a writeup on how that process works or could someone explain it to me?

You sit and hope they use your tracks or write to them nicely via email. Don’t just copy and paste the same old message though, let them know what you like about their work and what you have to offer, then just hope they reply. I haven’t had much success doing this but I don’t see a better way! Hope that helps.

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

Maybe if you try that email thing on some of the new videohive guys who look like they are going to have a promising career, build a relationship now and grow together.

The big dogs probably get tons of emails from audiojungle guys all the time and are probably pretty tired of it by now. If you are going to email them best come up with something really different and good that will get their attention.

I tried email thing in the beginning with absolutely horrible results, but since my song got on to the top seller list and featured in a bundle there are now quite a few good selling items that use my music.

354 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United States
brandonamatias says

Just be careful when contacting VH authors. Like Sophonic said, they get contacted a lot and it can rub them the wrong way. Somebody once showed me a thread of where VH authors were complaining about AJ authors contacting them and coming across as desperate lol. Here’s the answer though: Write great music. They will find it!

235 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
backgroundmusic says

Great subject. I have one question.

Why Envato didn`t give to AudioJungle authors the possibility to use VideoHive projects. For exemple, I want to take some VideoHive preview file and make my own music on that video and I want to upload that like one file. Of course it`s not possible, but why not?

Current solution is a one-way solution and it`s little unfair for AJ authors…or I`m wrong?

597 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

Why Envato didn`t give to AudioJungle authors the possibility to use VideoHive projects. For exemple, I want to take some VideoHive preview file and make my own music on that video and I want to upload that like one file. Of course it`s not possible, but why not?

Current solution is a one-way solution and it`s little unfair for AJ authors…or I`m wrong?

+1. Never thought of it that way…

235 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
backgroundmusic says

+1. Never thought of it that way…

Neither do I, until I realized that it may take a century until I collaborate with some of the VH author. So allowing of the reverse process is actually the only correct solution for me. I mean what’s the difference? I would do the same thing as VH authors. It would be very helpful to some of the moderators said his point of view on this subject, maybe I’m just not right, maybe I missed something?

1989 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Just be careful when contacting VH authors. Like Sophonic said, they get contacted a lot and it can rub them the wrong way. Somebody once showed me a thread of where VH authors were complaining about AJ authors contacting them and coming across as desperate lol. Here’s the answer though: Write great music. They will find it!
+1 … same for me, it doesn’t help to contact them… quality and hope is more worth :)
543 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
muscma01 says

I wish we we could Video Hive preview videos like they can use our music. Totally agree with everything everyone was saying about it.

+11111111

by
by
by
by
by
by