161 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
PrismicStudios says

Hey I’m seeing lots of references to collaborating with videohive authors and linking back and forth and so on. Is there a writeup on how that process works or could someone explain it to me?

679 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says
1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hey I’m seeing lots of references to collaborating with videohive authors and linking back and forth and so on. Is there a writeup on how that process works or could someone explain it to me?

You sit and hope they use your tracks or write to them nicely via email. Don’t just copy and paste the same old message though, let them know what you like about their work and what you have to offer, then just hope they reply. I haven’t had much success doing this but I don’t see a better way! Hope that helps.

585 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Sophonic says

Maybe if you try that email thing on some of the new videohive guys who look like they are going to have a promising career, build a relationship now and grow together.

The big dogs probably get tons of emails from audiojungle guys all the time and are probably pretty tired of it by now. If you are going to email them best come up with something really different and good that will get their attention.

I tried email thing in the beginning with absolutely horrible results, but since my song got on to the top seller list and featured in a bundle there are now quite a few good selling items that use my music.

359 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
brandonamatias says

Just be careful when contacting VH authors. Like Sophonic said, they get contacted a lot and it can rub them the wrong way. Somebody once showed me a thread of where VH authors were complaining about AJ authors contacting them and coming across as desperate lol. Here’s the answer though: Write great music. They will find it!

235 posts
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

Great subject. I have one question.

Why Envato didn`t give to AudioJungle authors the possibility to use VideoHive projects. For exemple, I want to take some VideoHive preview file and make my own music on that video and I want to upload that like one file. Of course it`s not possible, but why not?

Current solution is a one-way solution and it`s little unfair for AJ authors…or I`m wrong?

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Why Envato didn`t give to AudioJungle authors the possibility to use VideoHive projects. For exemple, I want to take some VideoHive preview file and make my own music on that video and I want to upload that like one file. Of course it`s not possible, but why not?

Current solution is a one-way solution and it`s little unfair for AJ authors…or I`m wrong?

+1. Never thought of it that way…

235 posts
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

+1. Never thought of it that way…

Neither do I, until I realized that it may take a century until I collaborate with some of the VH author. So allowing of the reverse process is actually the only correct solution for me. I mean what’s the difference? I would do the same thing as VH authors. It would be very helpful to some of the moderators said his point of view on this subject, maybe I’m just not right, maybe I missed something?

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Just be careful when contacting VH authors. Like Sophonic said, they get contacted a lot and it can rub them the wrong way. Somebody once showed me a thread of where VH authors were complaining about AJ authors contacting them and coming across as desperate lol. Here’s the answer though: Write great music. They will find it!
+1 … same for me, it doesn’t help to contact them… quality and hope is more worth :)
545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

I wish we we could Video Hive preview videos like they can use our music. Totally agree with everything everyone was saying about it.

+11111111

by
by
by
by
by
by