• Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

^ Seemingly the pipeline is very long.

is why is called a pipeline in the first place :)

5032 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

months ago a staff member said it its on the pipeline. so i think they working on it.
Yep. Videorollovers were in the pipeline two years ago aswell.

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/video-rollovers/37814?page=1
1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

if I were you authors I’d be active requesting this from envato, because it obviously helps a lot with sales since most of the other ae template sites have instant rollover video previews. yeah it will take time to implement, but if you guys could at least start with all new projects, that would be good, then work on the backlog 100 at a time each week or whatever, it could get done in 4-6 months maybe.

or at least do them for all the top quality or elite projects or something like that, to get the ball rolling. thx felt for the thread; it’s been years we’ve been asking… c’mon envato… timeline, Mark?

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Unfortunately guys, I do not have access to the timeline or scheduling of these things. I know it’s always been something that they planned to do. And I’m sure it will come at some point. But right now I don’t have any other info to provide. Sorry!

7206 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

if I were you authors I’d be active requesting this from envato

This is my personal opinion.

The situation right now is that staff will answer (not debate) if things get too heated on a certain argument. Is difficult to have a calm, relaxed, constructive and open discussion around changes and improvements for the marketplace if who has the power to implement them doesn’t show up.

Someone may ask some feature, like you did in this thread. It can go in two direction, authors will just ignore the argument because “why bother we already know nothing will change” or some authors may get angry and start accusing envato of “that and that”. Neither of this two situation will improve the quality of the marketplace. We all lose unfortunately.

I could try creating threads with lists of features request for the marketplace every week but will resolve nothing. At this point, envato should make the first step asking for suggestions, if they need it, have a constructive dialog with the authors and buyers around these improvements, and in the end implement them so everybody live happily ever after.

5032 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

I’d personally like to see a bit more openness in terms of what Envato concretely has planned. A lot of people rely on this marketplace for part or all of their income. And everyone who earns a living here gives up a substantial chunk of it to Envato. I think it’s perfectly fair enough to ask what’s being done to improve the marketplaces, attract more customers, support authors and maximize their earnings.

432 posts butlerm.com
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+10 more
butlerm says

I asked awhile ago and am 90% sure it is not happening any time soon… they have to much other stuff going on with the other sites that generate more revenue.

5032 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

they have to much other stuff going on with the other sites that generate more revenue.

I guess that’s the long and the short of it.

64 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Venezuela
_Terry says

they have to much other stuff going on with the other sites that generate more revenue.
I guess that’s the long and the short of it.

+1

289 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
rtofvnt says

Sounds like quite useful feature – I gave up searching for video in here – take ages to see the preview – ages in modern world mean 50 sec. However … as a web developer with bit of experience I know it will kill browsers, and specially the new ones – looks like programmers from Google, Microsoft, Opera and so, got 16 core i11 cpus with 32 GB RAM and browsers on their machines quite fast. Maybe …. there could be a checkbox that says “I want to see video previews on hover” – if visitor doesn’t have powerful enough machine or slow internet – it want affect performance.

Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by