• Italy
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+1 more
indieground says

I found a comment on my item http://graphicriver.net/item/indie-festival-poster/122643

that someone accused me that i’ve been stole his flyer.. (if you read the comment on my item page you’ll understand better)

But it’s very very weird because it’s clear and sure that their flyer http://imgur.com/cPl7O.jpg has been copied from mine!

They purchased my file and than accused me that i copied from them!

how it’s possible if i made myself the brushes for the retro lines, found myself the texture for the grunge effect, selected the colors, the font?? and the funniest thing is that if you look their flyer you could see they even left the bleed level :-)

I found funny and weird all this story, but i’m also a little worried!

Let me know what do you think!

:-)

65 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Croatia
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
wyeko says

Well, someone is going to get fired. :) This is very funny. :)

I don’t think you have to be worried. the date of the event and the date you created file says it all.

Keep up the good work.

482 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Europe
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+3 more
IncredibleWand says

This sucks dude, big times.

Another file that has been stolen. Like Wyeko said, they should fire the dude that did this. Unprofessional :x

488 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PixelBuffet says

I don’t see how the file has been stolen? Am I missing something?

The person accusing you is the client of an agency, not the agency themselves. One of the designers at that company probably bought your file and has used it (which is the point of GR!) – but hasn’t explained to the company that the file is a stock design and so won’t be unique.

If there is a dispute, then it’s between the agency and its client – who probably was expecting a unique design but instead got a stock poster design with little modification (and who will probably be pretty pissed off to find that they could have bought it themselves for $4!).

In any case, I’d ask support to remove all those comments from your item page – it might put off future buyers. I might also contact the agency and explain that they have used your stock file in their design, perhaps the guy who runs the agency doesn’t realise his designers aren’t actually making the files themselves?

3085 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says
I don’t see how the file has been stolen? Am I missing something?

The person accusing you is the client of an agency, not the agency themselves. One of the designers at that company probably bought your file and has used it (which is the point of GR!) – but hasn’t explained to the company that the file is a stock design and so won’t be unique.

If there is a dispute, then it’s between the agency and its client – who probably was expecting a unique design but instead got a stock poster design with little modification (and who will probably be pretty pissed off to find that they could have bought it themselves for $4!).

In any case, I’d ask support to remove all those comments from your item page – it might put off future buyers. I might also contact the agency and explain that they have used your stock file in their design, perhaps the guy who runs the agency doesn’t realise his designers aren’t actually making the files themselves?

A sure wise thing to do. +1

276 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Albania
DrawZen says

Hi indieground

This sucks dude.
+1 -> Like Wyeko said, they should fire the dude that did this.

Keep up the good work. :)

396 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
aRtlessX says
The person accusing you is the client of an agency, not the agency themselves. One of the designers at that company probably bought your file and has used it (which is the point of GR!) – but hasn’t explained to the company that the file is a stock design and so won’t be unique
That must definitely be the case, because on their main page I also noticed a poster design from one of our authors here, sevenstyles. So it’s safe to say that, that agency gets stock designs from GR.
73 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
gruberdesigns says

What I liked about the “Agency’s” website that they have a call-out (Gold Badge) that says “Quickest Turn Around Competitive Prices”. Now, I know how these company work.

529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+3 more
AmandaHackwith says

These kinds of accusations always get looked at pretty carefully, so Support will suss it out. :) Whenever there’s a question of authenticity or doubt, it gets handled directly by the Site Manager (me!).

368 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Romania
ibib says

Nah – the guy is a douche. http://jcpcreations.com.au/?p=701 – This right here can be found in ConstantinPotorac’s portofolio.

by
by
by
by
by
by