537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

is this allowed?, not sure about it.

PS: i mean when i create a contest on one of my blogs, am i allowed to give away a theme that belongs to me.

146 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
0703 says

some themes are showcased in some css galleries out there, so its good to get some feedback and probably some more clients and buyers. if this contest requieres you to give a way a theme of you for free its not allowed. you can ask the support what changes are needed to give it away for free…

there was a free theme on smashingmagazine long time ago and the author made some minor changes, like the admin options or the usability ( some features were deleted so its still exclusive if you buy the fullversion on themeforest )

828 posts
    Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Won a competition Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+7 more
wpbakery says

Or you can simply purchase manually the number of licenses you will give away. If you’ll give away 3 times one theme, then buy it from yourself 3 times. But user that will win copy of your template should be aware of the single use license.

537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Thanks guys, appriciate your comments but i’ll wait for some of the staff members to give some clarity about this.

62 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in United Kingdom
bthanki says

My advice would be to submit a support ticket if you are looking for a staff response. ;)

2715 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says
Or you can simply purchase manually the number of licenses you will give away. If you’ll give away 3 times one theme, then buy it from yourself 3 times.

I would like to see you buying your own files, I bet you can’t buy anything from yourself :D

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

I’d like to see a staff’s reply on this aswell :)

2541 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :)

Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.

537 posts
+7 more
Hein says
You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :) Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.

Thanks Drew ;), I’ve just submitted a ticket.

2541 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :) Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.
Thanks Drew ;), I’ve just submitted a ticket.

Thanks Hein, I’ll keep an eye out for it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by