• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Ukraine
vibecode says

Sometimes I`m going to videohive and watching new and old items there. Several times it was that I look at someone’s randomly chosen item and was surprised to discover my soundtrack used in it. However, I did not even know of the existence of that author, he never contacted me before.

This forced me to google through marketplace about my items. My suspicions were immediately confirmed – I found some more of my works used by the videohive authors who never contacted me. When I contacted to that authors, it turned out that they did not even know about requesting permission for using AJ music or any feedback about such using. The benefit of the button allows you to download previews free :)

I certainly allow and encourage the use of my works. But I want to know where in this case and how my items was used. I’m sure that most of the AJ authors also want to. It is written in my profile, so there is a request to give feedback about such uses. But unfortunately not all read what is written in the profile of others, though this is understandable.

I do not know whether this relations between VH and AJ is registered in the general VH rules. The only information that describes this relationship which I found is here: http://notes.envato.com/authors/achieve-more-videohive-and-audiojungle-author-collaboration/ It describes the authors have previously to request permission to use. But that article also does not seems was reading by many authors. As for me, I do not need from videohivers to ask me permission, it is always welcome, but Notify me after use.

I want to ask community leaders bring the common rules about VH and AJ collaboration to the widest possible range of VH authors through a special attachment post on VH forum or in some other convenient way if it has not yet done.

Thank you.

599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
TortoiseTree says

This is something that has eluded me for ages… how do you guys find out who has used your music on videohive? Short of searching and clicking for hours I’ve tried doing all sorts of google searches for my music. Do you guys just click around for hours or is there a trick to finding your music on VideoHive?

56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
vibecode says

This is something that has eluded me for ages… how do you guys find out who has used your music on videohive? Short of searching and clicking for hours I’ve tried doing all sorts of google searches for my music. Do you guys just click around for hours or is there a trick to finding your music on VideoHive?

I used google site:videohive.net and my username and some keywords like logo or my item links, but I suspect that even this method does not provide a complete picture. But I was lucky twice and find my items even in random watching vh items

273 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
soundroll says

The rule is that VH author has to include link to your music in his item description page. Many AJ authors leave message for VH authors that allow them use music for preview. If VH author did not contact you after he uses your music, then ok. What’s important is the link to your music.

56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
vibecode says

The rule is that VH author has to include link to your music in his item description page. Many AJ authors leave message for VH authors that allow them use music for preview. If VH author did not contact you after he uses your music, then ok. What’s important is the link to your music.
Once more: http://notes.envato.com/authors/achieve-more-videohive-and-audiojungle-author-collaboration/ “How Can a VideoHive Author use AudioJungle Music? 1.Contact an AudioJungle author whose music you would like to use in your VideoHive preview. Permission is required to use their music after all.”

So in this relationship in any case means contact, and not use the silent.

Again, I do not know is that strong rule that exists in general rules and not just in this article. But if not, why not make this rule. A rule which requires in any case to contact the author.

2592 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hi VibeCode! The article you are referring/linking to is from June 2011. We actually changed and clarified the new rules in February 2012:

http://notes.envato.com/authors/watermarked-previews/

The new rule, which makes it easier for everyone, is that, you can use another author’s watermarked preview for free and without asking for permission AS LONG as the author credits the original author in the new item description and then hyperlinks to the item being used.

Hope this helps! Meanwhile, I’ll ask the Envato Notes blog editor to update the article from 2011 in case it causes anyone else any confusion. And congrats on getting your music used, it’s a great way to promote your work! :)

56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
vibecode says

Hi VibeCode! The article you are referring/linking to is from June 2011. We actually changed and clarified the new rules in February 2012: http://notes.envato.com/authors/watermarked-previews/

The new rule, which makes it easier for everyone, is that, you can use another author’s watermarked preview for free and without asking for permission AS LONG as the author credits the original author in the new item description and then hyperlinks to the item being used.

Hope this helps! Meanwhile, I’ll ask the Envato Notes blog editor to update the article from 2011 in case it causes anyone else any confusion. And congrats on getting your music used, it’s a great way to promote your work! :)

thanks, became clear :)

772 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

Once more: http://notes.envato.com/authors/achieve-more-videohive-and-audiojungle-author-collaboration/ “How Can a VideoHive Author use AudioJungle Music? 1.Contact an AudioJungle author whose music you would like to use in your VideoHive preview. Permission is required to use their music after all.”

So in this relationship in any case means contact, and not use the silent.

Again, I do not know is that strong rule that exists in general rules and not just in this article. But if not, why not make this rule. A rule which requires in any case to contact the author.

+100% I agree! For example, we, the authors AJ can take any previews from the site VH and used without permission on Youtube? I think that without permission it will not be right …
The more that we are not against the use of, and behind!

170 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
solarsound says

Tortoise Tree,

The trick to finding who used your music is to search on your envato analytics page. You need to type your username and api key. Just google “envato analytics” to find the page. Once you are in, each of your songs has a referal link section to see where your hits were linked from. Check songs that maybe have an unexplained increase in sales. Most likely there is a link to who used it at videohive. Hope this helps.

163 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
cleanmindsounds says

just do not be lazy. once a month, make a request to your nickname in google, videohive and youtube and get new projects which did not even know :)

For example, I found this :))))))))) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEiX-QE2DWY

But unfortunately, not all buyers when placing video project indicate name author music after purchase. What prevents the promotion and distribution of the portfolio.

by
by
by
by
by
by