147 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
PaulVictor says

I’m working on a poster frame and I was wondering if it would be allowed to use a movie poster of a well known blockbuster in the preview image only? If not, do you have any suggestions? The assets library doesn’t give me any good options.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I would make you own poster that would look more impressive and probably bump up the price of the item,

or you make be able to use a old movie poster where the copyright may have run out

147 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
PaulVictor says

Good suggestions, do you mean I should create a (layered) poster and add it to the total package? That’s a bit much, I think.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

You can alway go for a minimalistic design like the one in the link below they are all done on white backgrounds.

http://10steps.sg/inspirations/artworks/60-plain-movie-posters-with-white-background/

If your really want to know if you aloud it is best to email support and see what they say as it will be a pretty much a yes or no aswer.

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

I had a similar question about using game wallpapers in my action’s preview but I wasn’t allowed to do so. I guess it’s because previews are an integral part of envato. Thus they don’t allow any outside asset in it without an acceptable license. But my case was all about an action which would give effect on the image while in your case you just want to put it inside frame. So as HollowIchigo said you better ask support about it.

343 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JackHowell says

It also comes under the copyright of using someone else’s work to sell your work.

Best bet is to put together your own preview out-side of the document you plan to sell and then add it later as a flat layer; that way you are using your own work to sell your own work but not giving away more than you want to. :)

147 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
PaulVictor says

Thanks for the suggestions guys, working on a poster right now. I am looking for suggestions, please have a look here:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/what-to-do-with-this-poster-design/29867

by
by
by
by
by
by