109 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
designedbydash says

Over the past few days I’ve dealt with numerous support queries and once resolved I’ve asked them if they don’t mind rating the item. 75% of the time the user replies saying they had tried to rate the item but they couldn’t find how to.

The majority of them, logically, go to to item’s page and try to rate it from there. This would make sense, and so the user can still see the overall rating you could just have two star ratings on items you’ve purchased. The overall rating at the top, with your own rating smaller underneath so you can change it easily.

I think it would lead to more ratings on items, which can only be a good thing in my opinion! It might just be me, so curious to see what you guys think :)

636 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Just another UX misfire. Onto the pile it goes!

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi designedbydash, recently, fellow author cooledition was kind enough to post this:

Well, some times i get emails from people who bough my files asking how can they rate my file, so i decided to make this JPG and include it in my files from now on and share it with you all. ;)

PSD version is also included

Download

After searching Envato’s Knowledgebase, the official corresponding link to ratings can be found here. At this time, there are no screenshots to go along with the article, so I’ll go ahead and forward the suggestion to the Knowledgebase Team.

In the meantime, if the above image helps in any way, feel free to make good use of it. I’ll update this thread once I hear back from them. Thanks for bringing this up and good luck.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

It should be more intuitive tho.

1611 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Just another UX misfire. Onto the pile it goes!

Agreed.

954 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

User interface should be intuitive at first place. You know you have bad UX when you need to explain how to do something.

223 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

You can always send the link to the Downloads section: http://codecanyon.net/user/user_name/downloads

954 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

If only we could know the buyer’s username :D

1745 posts
+2 more
gbs says

Personally I like the way guys like eBay are doing. For a while if users haven’t come back to rate the item then there would be an email listing items they haven’t rated and tell them they should do so to act like a professional buyer. Ratings are somewhat that should be pushed up more. There are just around 10% purchases that have user ratings… Anyway, how about a box in buyer’s dashboard telling them about items they haven’t rated. Don’t know if buyers ever check the dashboard, though :(.

109 posts
+4 more
designedbydash says

Personally I like the way guys like eBay are doing. For a while if users haven’t come back to rate the item then there would be an email listing items they haven’t rated and tell them they should do so to act like a professional buyer. Ratings are somewhat that should be pushed up more. There are just around 10% purchases that have user ratings… Anyway, how about a box in buyer’s dashboard telling them about items they haven’t rated. Don’t know if buyers ever check the dashboard, though :(.

Yeah, I thought about reminder emails… But I don’t know if they are a little bit annoying after a while. I’d settle for a better rating system that’s available from the item’s page!

What would be nice is a comment box for buyers to leave an anonymous comment with their rating. That way we can also get more feedback on how to improve our items, which again would be a big help!

by
by
by
by
by
by