1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
Lee_Miller says

Hi, just wanted to note that the documentation some developers include is utterly useless. I’m heavily into purchasing javascript products and though I’m new here, of the five products I’ve purchased this week three of the docs have been a pile of rubbish, and have led to rather lengthy conversations with the developers.

Think perhaps many developers here (though not all, obviously) need to create documents that;

1. assume an idiot is reading them and not a seasoned master!
  2. include a live demo in the package, so that sections of the code can be copied directly into a page.
  3. use a “normal” folder layout so that scripts, images and styles can be moved simply

The upshot of this would ultimately make for happier customers and less time answering stupid questions.

A good example is the developer “NuvuScripts” – Utterly amazing product, perfect doc and an equally perfect file layout, the upshot was a five star rating and a short and sweet thank you message on the products comment area …... Oh and a customer that will return to buy again.

Grats, Lee:)

1363 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

+1. Spend a little more time writing your documentation and you will spend A LOT less time with support emails.

98 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Ireland
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
butterflymedia says

+1. I just improved my documentation files by adding more screenshots and more usage examples.

by
by
by
by
by
by