8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
Jelte says

Hi there,

I have a short question: can I use items (a graphic for example) I bought on GraphicRiver in templates I upload to Themeforest? Is that “reselling” or not?

Greetings, Jelte

372 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
mrjasmin says

No you canĀ“t.

3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

yes that would be reselling and no its not permitted :)

8 posts
  • Located in Netherlands
Jelte says

Okay, thanks! :)

492 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
avenue28 says

it is not allowed, but will be cool if we can use the watermarked graphics in the template and write in the item description that the buyers need to buy the graphics from so and so author. It can be a formal way of collaboration among authors.

900 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
it is not allowed, but will be cool if we can use the watermarked graphics in the template and write in the item description that the buyers need to buy the graphics from so and so author. It can be a formal way of collaboration among authors.

I thought alot of authors already did that especially when building templates? They strike a deal and use audio/video/images from other authors and then advertise the authors products as additional purchases….or have i got that completely wrong :)

492 posts
+3 more
avenue28 says

yes, it is already being done, but most of the time it is optional for buyers to decide if they have to buy the additional components or not (obviously they can go with videos or music other than those the author advertises). But for a template on themeforest in which graphics play a very crucial role, if the authors use other authors’ graphics, the buyers HAVE to buy those graphics too to get the complete properly working package.

For example, what if I make a full flash template and put it for sale and use somebody else’s gallery in it? In the download package, I don’t provide the gallery and tell the buyer in the description that he should buy it from the other author.

900 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
yes, it is already being done, but most of the time it is optional for buyers to decide if they have to buy the additional components or not (obviously they can go with videos or music other than those the author advertises). But for a template on themeforest in which graphics play a very crucial role, if the authors use other authors’ graphics, the buyers HAVE to buy those graphics too to get the complete properly working package. For example, what if I make a full flash template and put it for sale and use somebody else’s gallery in it? In the download package, I don’t provide the gallery and tell the buyer in the description that he should buy it from the other author.

Got ya :) As you say with Themeforest the graphics are the main key so if they are not in the package essentially the majority of the item is lacking.

It definitely would be nice to see more collaborations though, just not to the point where the buyer is being totally cheated

492 posts
+3 more
avenue28 says

yes, more collaboration will be really useful…but now that I think about it, as long as I’m not providing the items in the download, I believe I can still use components from other authors for the preview. Will be nice if somebody can confirm this!

1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

I think that should not be a problem, iceonflames… as long as you are not reselling and as long as you have the permission of the author to promote his files in your files. You would also have to state clearly in the description that those items have to be bought seperatly and you would need to use the watermarked version of the items (for example if you use one of my backgrounds from Graphic River and show it in the preview of your template in TF )

by
by
by
by
by
by