• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
joshhunsaker says

Ok, so I haven’t really given this much thought in the past but now that I’m going to be uploading a ton of my new material I was wondering in terms of experience from people here as to what tends to sell better: uploading only the .wav file or the .wav files + 320kbps mp3?

Any difference there? Looking around at the best selling files it does appear they all contain the 320kbps .mp3 as well. I guess that is the recommended way to do it to ensure the highest selling potential?

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hi

Why not always upload both, WAv & mp3? That’s what i do. Some people probably prefer mp3 or WAV , for what reason ever, because i agree that WAV should be enough. But because it’s not a big deal to upload the mp3 as well, it offers the highest flexibility and you won’t loose customers because of that… But of course, in case you upload only one format, WAV would be the one you should use, even when the mp3 sounds (almost) the same. But after additional processing the MP3 format would could loose much more quality than a WAV file.

17 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ReturningSound says

For some reason, I thought we needed both? Maybe I misread something. I always include both!

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+2 more
palmtreep says

Just upload both. It doesn’t really take anything away from you, but adds additional content for a buyer, if they choose to want one or the other. If they want an mp3 version, they’re covered. Wav version, they’re covered. Include both, and you don’t need to worry :)

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

Looking around at the best selling files it does appear they all contain the 320kbps .mp3 as well.

Really? I say, we’ve found the secret of success!

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Working with MP3 is kind of unprofessional, besides it doesn’t loop seamlessly, so I never upload MP3 . If anybody, for whatever strange reason, prefers a lossy format he can always downgrade the WAV file himself.

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

Yep, it always add some milliseconds to an end, so this healthy recipe is not for the loops.

339 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
joshhunsaker says

Ok, I think I’m going to go ahead and start adding the mp3 version to all of the stuff I’m uploading. Thanks guys!

by
by
by
by
by
by