• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Web-Culture says

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

When uploading project files it asks for source size.

Is this the size of the project file with all footage. or the .zip file with all files… project, footage, help files and any other files added.

I have been setting it as the .zip size but now that I think about it I assume it’s just the project and footage file size.

158 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+6 more
CarlB says

I’ve been stating the size for the whole lot on my files, tough I have had the same doubt. I guessed that the important thing for the buyer in this case is to know how big is the file they are going to download, no matter what is inside.

-Carl

243 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Web-Culture says
I’ve been stating the size for the whole lot on my files, tough I have had the same doubt. I guessed that the important thing for the buyer in this case is to know how big is the file they are going to download, no matter what is inside. -Carl

Yeah I also thought it would be related to the download size but then I thought maybe the buyers are checking to see if the files is not huge and could be scaled to suite a website. 500MB project file is not really going to be downsized to under 1MB.

Maybe one of the buyers can let us know what they think when they see the size.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
I’ve been stating the size for the whole lot on my files, tough I have had the same doubt. I guessed that the important thing for the buyer in this case is to know how big is the file they are going to download, no matter what is inside. -Carl

Yeah I also thought it would be related to the download size but then I thought maybe the buyers are checking to see if the files is not huge and could be scaled to suite a website. 500MB project file is not really going to be downsized to under 1MB.

Maybe one of the buyers can let us know what they think when they see the size.

Hey guys!! someone called for a buyer? lol..

I particularly dont pay attention to the file size. Lmao, I don’t think the file size will affect the final outcome or video to be deploy since they are different codecs for the video formats to compress the final video.

Sometimes, the file size can be close to 500MB because they are a pre-rendered version when using a plugin (like particular for example). Some authors files comes with both.

Maybe you guys can state in the item’s description section different settings to compress the file or a line like:

the bigger the size of the file, the better the product! buy now! and if you purchased this project now, you’ll get an amazing discount on your next purchase

lol….have a good day guys, love ya so much!

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

The file size field is intended to show the download size of the file. Mainly to give the buyers an idea of how big the download is going to be. So just input whatever size your final ZIP folder is.

Eventually, I’d like to have this field automated, so hopefully at some point down the line you guys won’t have to worry about this anymore. It’s kind of pointless now.

by
by
by
by
by
by