698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

I’ve noticed some updated items show up again on front page as they were new items. Is this true? Just wanted to know. Also, noticed that the sales count stays as is, like when first time uploaded but item discussion is fresh. Did I noticed that correct?

Thanks.

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Thanks for noticing that Segen, not sure but it sounds like something might be misbehaving. Unless there have been recent unannounced changes, I haven’t heard that the updated items are supposed to act that way.

It happened once some time ago on activeden, when there was a confirmed glitch. That was fixed pretty fast. I’m sure the devs/staff will confirm if this is normal now, or it will be fixed if it isn’t. :)

537 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

I believe when the update is a large one then you deserve to be back on the front page again, i mean not with a small fix or change but when you make a change that will boost your sales again then the reviewer should put you back in front again.

Just my 2 cents

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
DDStudios says

I think its a little weird because they look like file who got massive sales in a short period of time .. wich I am sure result in more click on it ..

These kind of file should have an “update” tag on them or something like that , to make sure buyer dont think it’s a new file that sell like crazy ..

698 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+10 more
segen says
I think its a little weird because they look like file who got massive sales in a short period of time .. wich I am sure result in more click on it ..

+1 this looks really weird and if I were a buyer I would think that this item is Extremely Good because it performed very well in just 2 days. This, I think, should not be that way.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Exactly.

537 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says
+1 this looks really weird and if I were a buyer I would think that this item is Extremely Good because it performed very well in just 2 days. This, I think, should not be that way.

+1 for the update badge.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

As mentioned many, many times before these marketplaces desperately need an update section – just like popular files – but away from the main focus of the home page that people can visit and view – also need to show updates of files buyers have purchased as notifications on their home pages (profile pages).

Just sayin’

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
As mentioned many, many times before these marketplaces desperately need an update section – just like popular files – but away from the main focus of the home page that people can visit and view – also need to show updates of files buyers have purchased as notifications on their home pages (profile pages). Just sayin’

+1

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
As mentioned many, many times before these marketplaces desperately need an update section – just like popular files – but away from the main focus of the home page that people can visit and view – also need to show updates of files buyers have purchased as notifications on their home pages (profile pages). Just sayin’

+10

Edit: Dany that “Free File” badge looks sooo shiny!! :D I want one I’ll consider it.-

by
by
by
by
by
by