2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi authors!

Some time ago a few changes were implemented in review queue functionality that increased their complexity in favor of more efficient queue management. Unfortunately this affected the item review “progress bar” (displayed on the Author Dashboard sidebar) and gave an inaccurate and misleading indication of when submitted items might be reviewed.

As the complexity of the review queue functionality is expected to increase, it becomes significantly more difficult to indicate when submitted items will be reviewed. So we’ve decided that until we’re able to provide a more ideal solution, we would change the information provided to be more relevant and accurate.

What are we changing?

1. The “progress bar” shown when an item moves through the review queues will be removed.
  2. In place of the “progress bar” we will show the state of the submitted item and the state of that item in the review queues.

We will also be publishing what these states are and what they mean in the Knowledgebase once the change is about to be deployed. I don’t yet have an exact ETA for deployment of the change but once I do, I will post an update in this thread.

A few examples of how this new information might read is:
  • Example Item Title – New, currently Pending
  • Example Item Title – Update, currently Pending
  • Example Item Title – Resubmission, currently Held
  • Example Item Title – New, currently in Standby
1251 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hi,

Cheers,
Iman

665 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

I wonder if it’s possible to display a numerical review status for each item, based on how many items are going to be reviewed before it.

For example, I post a sound effect and at first, it begins with:

Reviews to go: 238

Every time an item is reviewed, the number will count downwards until it is the very next item to be reviewed. Once it has been reviewed, it will leave the queue.

There could be separate queues based on what kind of submission the item is, whether it be New, an Update, or a Resubmission.

I think it would be a lot more satisfying to see where you stand in the queue, based on a number, than a “pending” status.

196 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
augustomeijer says

I love the progress bar system though I never bother how long it takes for items to be reviewed as this always happens in 7 days or less. AJ deserves a lot of credit for their review times! “Why is it taking so long” topics are not needed I think.

266 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Patchesoft says

I wonder if it’s possible to display a numerical review status for each item, based on how many items are going to be reviewed before it.

Every time an item is reviewed, the number will count downwards until it is the very next item to be reviewed. Once it has been reviewed, it will leave the queue.

There could be separate queues based on what kind of submission the item is, whether it be New, an Update, or a Resubmission.

I think it would be a lot more satisfying to see where you stand in the queue, based on a number, than a “pending” status.

+1

3923 posts After Effects Templates
+8 more
miseld says

Thanks for the info Jarel

3714 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

It used to be like that a couple of years ago, but obviously they’ve moved away from that system.

EnchantedStudios
EnchantedStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
74 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
EnchantedStudios says

I love the progress bar system though I never bother how long it takes for items to be reviewed as this always happens in 7 days or less. AJ deserves a lot of credit for their review times! “Why is it taking so long” topics are not needed I think.

Cue the barrage of “How long do I have to wait for my item to be accepted?” forum posts…

7428 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hi,

Cheers,
Iman

improvement? ? ?

the update above will just tell you the item is in queue,

then you will get a mail that had been approved or not.

there’s no improvement over how we are informed about the status of our item and how much time we need to wait till reviewers get to it. You will not even know how many items are in front of your item as in the past.

1617 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Doru, they cannot inform the item count in the queue because authors will abuse it and will count and try to be approved in monday or at the end of queue – so that the project stays longer on frontpage.

In every review the reviewer approves some items around 5-8, if its AE items. so the last which is reviewed is the most lucky because it stays there longer than any other one of that reviewed group.

by
by
by
by
by
by