1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

I just took a look on some bit.ly statistics and I randomly clicked on my google chrome bit.ly extension when I was on the ThemeForest sign in page. Then I saw that there was a hidden div with the class “company-announcement” on the page and in this div was this message:

Important announcement: Start preparing a plugin or Mobile component for our upcoming $41,000 competition, launching in early April.

I removed the display:hidden with help of firebug and tada! The message looks beautiful!

254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
evaske says

I just took a look on some bit.ly statistics and I randomly clicked on my google chrome bit.ly extension when I was on the ThemeForest sign in page. Then I saw that there was a hidden div with the class “company-announcement” on the page and in this div was this message:

Important announcement: Start preparing a plugin or Mobile component for our upcoming $41,000 competition, launching in early April.

I removed the display:hidden with help of firebug and tada! The message looks beautiful!

There’s a post in the CodeCanyon forum somewhere about this. There’s a website they’ve made for the competition that hasn’t been released yet.

Here you go: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/41000-competition-is-this-real/40052 :)

1799 posts
+4 more
BroOf says

Didn’t know this. But here is the screen I took anyway:

1955 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
Emroni says

They should really stop trying to hide stuff from us.. Sooner or later, someone, somewhere, will find that hidden div

254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
evaske says

They should really stop trying to hide stuff from us.. Sooner or later, someone, somewhere, will find that hidden div

They probably do it on purpose knowing someone will find it… bit of extra marketing hype ;) They must know full well with the number of developers on here that someone would find it. If they didn’t want people to they’d just leave that out until release day.

1799 posts
+4 more
BroOf says

I always feel bad if I squeal things like this to the community :D Hope I didn’t crossed envato’s marketing plans!

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Jeff has talked about it many times on the forums, Nettuts+ and Twitter so no one is trying to hide anything :)

I believe I saw this show up a bit earlier and then it was hidden so I just believe they’re not ready to announce/launch the full promotion and details yet.

607 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

Oi! No one is trying to hide anything. Jeff’s been talking about it for a long time now. Nettuts, CC forums, Twitter etc. I think the devs are tweaking some aspect of it before they make it live.

The competition starts April 1st, IIRC .

Edit: Err. Beaten by minutes.

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
HarveyDesign Volunteer moderator says

The competition starts April 1st, IIRC .

April fools competition eh? :D

195 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
LionArt says

It actually begins on April 4th, Jeffery Way took into consideration that it was April Fools day and moved it on to the next business day, being Monday 4th of April. (I think)

Find out soon guys. (Comp launches April 1st.)

come win $41k! oh wait, april fools! lol

(edit: for those people reading this forum post, the comp is real, not a 1st april fools joke)

Yeah – good point. It’ll launch on the 4th.
by
by
by
by
by
by