1 post
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
TriciaB says

I just bought a heap of stuff in the sale and was really happy – I’d actually forgotten about the market place so it was good to get me in to buy. I was really happy with what I got but then I read some of the author’s comments and felt a little guilty at getting such a good deal at someone else’s expense. (actually most of what I bought was from Jeffrey and he’s pretty happy with his sales so that’s ok)

Thanks for the sale envato and I hope all you authors haven’t done tooo badly out of it – maybe you’ll get more sales next month (I have some credit left..!)

523 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Denmark
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+5 more
Zeplix says

I was really happy with what I got but then I read some of the author’s comments and felt a little guilty at getting such a good deal at someone else’s expense. (actually most of what I bought was from Jeffrey and he’s pretty happy with his sales so that’s ok)

Don’t be. Contrary to my belief, sales (at least for me) have actually gone up more than 4 times on average, meaning I’ll earn the same or more than usual (well, the month hasn’t ended yet, so unsure, but it looks that way).

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Blog Editor
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Hope you enjoy them Tricia!

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • France
Magali says

Très bonnes nouvelles :)

523 posts
  • Denmark
+5 more
Zeplix says

As expected, the sales are starting to go down by now :) Definitely the first week, and especially the second, boomed, but from the third it’s been going down again. At the rate of sales of the first 2 weeks, I was making more than normal. At the rate of the third week, I’m making less than normal. Was fun while it lasted though ^^

523 posts
  • Denmark
+5 more
Zeplix says

So how did everyone do?

Also curious if to hear how the marketplace as a whole did : )

2087 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

This morning, when I got up, I wanted to buy a few of the tutorials but sadly I found out that this sale was not active anymore… I understood it’s going to last until the end of the month, but it was stopped a day earlier… Oh, well…

122 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United Kingdom
ian Staff says
urbazon said
This morning, when I got up, I wanted to buy a few of the tutorials but sadly I found out that this sale was not active anymore… I understood it’s going to last until the end of the month, but it was stopped a day earlier… Oh, well…

Yes, because we’re packing up the office for the move tomorrow, we decided to make the changes a day early as we didn’t want to risk things going wrong when our computers are all packed in boxes :)

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says
Zeplix said
So how did everyone do?

I did really nicely. Blew my previous monthly highs in both sales and dollars-earned completely out of the water, hit 51% commission, and got a black paw. Only problem is that I didn’t make it to second place ;)

In terms of when sales came in: I was hoping it would be a rather consistent rate of daily sales, but it really dropped off. I made $6 more from June 1 – 8 than I did from June 9 – 30.

Now, let’s see if this sale will have the desired effect! Here’s hoping it won’t have hurt things, and cause the next month or so to be nearly dead. ;)

523 posts
  • Denmark
+5 more
Zeplix says
andrew8088 said
Zeplix said
So how did everyone do?

I did really nicely. Blew my previous monthly highs in both sales and dollars-earned completely out of the water, hit 51% commission, and got a black paw. Only problem is that I didn’t make it to second place ;)

In terms of when sales came in: I was hoping it would be a rather consistent rate of daily sales, but it really dropped off. I made $6 more from June 1 – 8 than I did from June 9 – 30.

Now, let’s see if this sale will have the desired effect! Here’s hoping it won’t have hurt things, and cause the next month or so to be nearly dead. ;)

Haha yeah, I kept an eye on you, your sales absolutely sky rocketed! Grats on both your new paw and going past 1000 sales! =_^=

It’s a bit dificult for me to see how many sales I did compared to other months, since I also added 2 new tuts right at the beginning. Still, I can see I was the 4th best selling Author (you were the second best, might I add!), so all in all it went good. However, if I compare with my “normal” sell rate from previous months, money wise, it actually evens out at practically the same. So I sold a lot more items, but didn’t make a lot more money than I usually would have, with my items.

But I was right in that there was definitely more sales in the beginning, than the end. In the first 2 weeks, there were a few days when I sold up around 60 items a day, and averaged over 20 sales a day. Near the end, I had a day where I had just 1 sale. So the novelty factor of the cheap items definitely went away quick.

Like you though, I’m a little bit worried that there will be a backlash this month though. We can only wait and see, and hopefully it is an ungrounded fear ^

by
by
by
by
by
by