• Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Hey guys I’m traveling for the very first time to London on july 22th for 7 days (hopefully) I need some advice from London based users. I’m going to a Dream Theater’s concert in Victoria Park, I want to stay close to the Airport or the Park, I’ve found some good hotels around the airport btw.

Is the Heathrow Airport to far away from Victoria Park? I know London has one of the best public transport system, right? I’m totally lost here :)

Our government assign us $3.000,00 for trips around the world, is some kind of a restriction (I live in Venezuela), that’s something like 1.865,00 GBP can I survive with that for 7 days? (excluding the money of the hotel, I’ll pay the hotel from here)

BTW I ’m going alone :shocked:

PS: Sorry for posting in All Marketplaces, I need help from all of you :)

Thanks in advance guys.

9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SonicOctave says

I live in Ireland, but go to London now and again – actually went to a Dream Theater concert in the London a while back too :)

Firstly – that much money will definitively do you for 7 days if you plan on living normally. Lunch will be approx £4 per day, dinner £10 would be a lot, breakfast you can probably get in the hotel. You could get a taxi to the concert if you really wanted but you’ll definitively be able to get buses/trains into there – theres loads of them.

Does your government not want you talking more than $3,000 out of the country in one go? Thats mad!

One tip – don’t hold up a map and stand around looking like you don’t know where you’re going. If you have an iphone, get google maps on it, and follow the directions. If you need to use a map, go into a library/shop/coffee shop etc. – when you’re walking around London at night time, make it seem like you know where you’re going :)

London really isn’t that bad at all, but its just a precaution :)

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says

That is not what “All Marketplaces” means. Only posts related to the Marketplaces should be posted here.

This should be moved to “Off Topic”.

You’ll have more than enough money to last you 7 days!

The London Underground (“The Tube”) is a little intimidating the first time you use it but once you figure out how to read the maps and differentiate between lines and how to change lines at various stations it is an amazingly easy and efficient mode of Transport. I use The Tube all the time when I’m in London. It’s probably worth studying the maps and planning some trips as exercises before you go, just to get the hang of it.

And definitely get an Oyster Card for all your transport needs (except taxis). It save a lot of time and money. No need to stand in line for tickets.

Have fun.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

You’ll see some great sites… The Tube, River Thames, London Bridge, Canary Wharf and Chavs…

57 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
Networksavvy says

You’ll see some great sites… The Tube, River Thames, London Bridge, Canary Wharf and Chavs…

And it certainly won’t look like he’s in the UK. That’s for sure.

110 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Devarai says

I’ve spent half a year in central London in 2008. It was totally awesome! One day I ‘d like to live there. The only drawback is that the rent is even twice as much as in Munich and Munich is the most expensive city to live in Germany.

Greets, Devarai

3686 posts Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I’ve been to London a few years ago and it was awesome. 1800 pounds wil definitely be plenty, don’t worry about that. As you said, public transport is top notch, especially for such a big city – if you’re not used to traveling by metro, though, TheFlyingTinman’s tip is something you should really look into. It helps if you’ve seen the map even a few times before, just take 10-15 minutes to have a glance and perhaps try to find some landmarks. If you want to you could bring a copy to plan your trips ahead when you’re in the hotel, but there’ll be plenty of those route diagrams printed all over the walls in the stations too.

I’ve spent half a year in central London in 2008. It was totally awesome! One day I ‘d like to live there. The only drawback is that the rent is even twice as much as in Munich and Munich is the most expensive city to live in Germany.

You germans do have quite cheap rents in comparison (at least compared to the Netherlands) ;) I’m currently studying in Nijmegen (a city near the Dutch-German border) and I’ve been seriously considering to rent something just across the border with a few friends instead of trying to find one of those expensive rooms. Turned out to be a bit too much of a hassle though. No clue about Munich though :P

4320 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

I live in Ireland, but go to London now and again – actually went to a Dream Theater concert in the London a while back too :)

Firstly – that much money will definitively do you for 7 days if you plan on living normally. Lunch will be approx £4 per day, dinner £10 would be a lot, breakfast you can probably get in the hotel. You could get a taxi to the concert if you really wanted but you’ll definitively be able to get buses/trains into there – theres loads of them.

Does your government not want you talking more than $3,000 out of the country in one go? Thats mad!

One tip – don’t hold up a map and stand around looking like you don’t know where you’re going. If you have an iphone, get google maps on it, and follow the directions. If you need to use a map, go into a library/shop/coffee shop etc. – when you’re walking around London at night time, make it seem like you know where you’re going :)

London really isn’t that bad at all, but its just a precaution :)

Thanks for the advices SonicOctave. Yes we can’t get more than 3K :|

That is not what “All Marketplaces” means. Only posts related to the Marketplaces should be posted here.

This should be moved to “Off Topic”.

I understand what you mean I’m – in fact – a ThemeForest community moderator I’ll move the thread ASAP , I just wanted to get a few responses from all the marketplaces.

You’ll have more than enough money to last you 7 days!

The London Underground (“The Tube”) is a little intimidating the first time you use it but once you figure out how to read the maps and differentiate between lines and how to change lines at various stations it is an amazingly easy and efficient mode of Transport. I use The Tube all the time when I’m in London. It’s probably worth studying the maps and planning some trips as exercises before you go, just to get the hang of it.

And definitely get an Oyster Card for all your transport needs (except taxis). It save a lot of time and money. No need to stand in line for tickets.

Have fun.

Excellent links mate, thanks so much. The whole city is a bit intimidating since I haven’t been there, but I think It’ll worth the travel.

1012 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wizylabs says

I live in the UK but not in london, but been there several times and pretty familiar with it. My advice to you is to get a hotel as close as possible to the center of london, it will be much easier for you to travel around and avoid getting lost in the under ground :P ;) but hotels will be quite pricey though :(

You will love london, guaranteed ;)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
JamiGibbs says

I’m not British (born and raised U.S. citizen) and I can’t really give you specific answers to your questions BUT I had an 8 hour layover in Heathrow on my way to the Middle East not too long ago and decided to have a little adventure. Since I had never been to London before, I decided to take advantage of those 8 hours and check out the city from the airport.

I literally only came with a computer print out of the London underground and basic city map. It was so easy to get on the underground tube from the airport and they have signs everywhere. The tube ride was fast and they have maps inside the train with stop announcements so you know exactly where you are all the time.

In those few hours that I was in London, I saw quite a few tourist spots (all on foot) and made it back in time to the airport with a few hours to spare too.

It’s really not difficult to get around as long as your English is good and you remember that they drive on the left side of the road (nearly got smashed crossing to road a few times having forgotten this tiny detail).

If you’re bringing $3000, it’s more than enough to cover you for a week. You’re gonna have a blast!!

by
by
by
by
by
by