I was just curios as to why Trax files were showing up on the AJ weekly top sellers list – anyone know what that is?
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Won a Competition
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
It has been that way since it started. A very bad move in my opinion. Especially when you buy your own songs, and then are rewarded with a top spot. A series of bad decisions being made on AJ have started to make me quite annoyed. I don’t like to complain in the forums too much though so anything else I will save for support if I get motivated enough to write
That is a really bad move mixing the top files like that, they are intended for two dramatically different audiences and don’t even carry the same licenses. Having the trax listings on the AJ site does nothing to help the trax users and only hurts the AJ users and clients.
I think they should be separated, anyone else want to give their opinion?
I wanted to take a minute to voice my concern over the fact that the Trax files show up in the AJ Top Sellers Listings: This is a concern for several reasons:
1. Trax and AJ items do not have the same license – if a user purchases a Trax item they play from the Top Sellers List they may assume that the $2 gives them the same license because they are listed on the same page as the royalty free tracks.
2. The audience for Trax and AJ is totally different – Trax is a personal download service ala itunes and AJ is a professional marketplace consumers license audio for use in their projects and productions. I am afraid having Trax files mixed with AJ files will cause consumers (especially new buyers) confusion.
3. It really isn’t fair to AJ authors to compare sales to Trax authors – it is like comparing apples and oranges – the pricing is different, the licenses are different, the intended audience is different.
4. The other marketplaces do not operate this way, all of the top lists are for each individual marketplace, photodune and themeforest don’t share a top list etc…
5. It is not fair to the AJ authors – Having the trax files in the top list likely doesn’t help their sales much as buyers are looking for production music not personal music but it does hurt AJ authors as it bumps AJ authors out of the list.
These are my concerns and would like to hear other thoughts on the issue:
Wow! I did not notice this until now. This is most definitely not good.
I’ve thought the idea of Trax was kind of confusing to begin with considering what AJ is and always has been.
Anyway, +1 to what Mr.Brown said.
+1 I as well don’t think trax songs should be in the top selling list. It takes exposure away from the core marketplace. Not cool!
Two separate Top Selling lists on the front page would make sense! Separating the two altogether would make even more sense… Audio Jungle, Photo Dune, Graphic River, TRAX … etc.
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Won a Competition
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Attended a Community Meetup
What happened to multiple purchases from the same person not counting towards the top weekly list? I’d have to go dig up the forum posts regarding that but I swear I remember Scott addressing several authors about why their items didn’t get into the weekly list, and it being multiple purchases from the same person (this was like 8+ months ago).
As far as breaking out TRAX into its own section, I doubt it will happen until it becomes more of a success. The whole library has made less than 400 sales to date over the last 2 months, so I don’t think it has the draw for them to make it a whole new site yet. I remember this idea from the original TRAX thread and thought it was pretty cool – maybe there would be a way to make TRAX into a better defined sub-category inside of AJ? That way it wouldn’t pop up on the royalty free top sellers charts.
Completely agree that Trax sales do not belong in same weekly top sellers list. It hurts AJ authors. Let’s hope this changes very soon.