748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I agree with what everyone else is saying. If anything, imporve the tracks you think are substandard and update them. But don’t delete them. I too used to think that 0 sales items made my protfolio look bad, but after having been here for a year, I am seeing more sales of 0 and low sales items.

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

Just because a track hasn’t sold (yet) doesn’t necessarily make it a bad addition to one’s portfolio. I’ve got a WIDE array of styles on AJ… One track has been sold 4 times… The others.. nada. Personally, I think all (but one) of my tracks are killer in their own way…

The biggest trick to sales is having something available that the buyer wants WHEN they want it. So the first 9,999 people who browse my portfolio aren’t looking for a tribal\jungle\chill\adventure piece… but visitor 10,000 WILL be looking for just that – and he’ll buy “Tonga”.

As someone said before – I put in the work to compose\orchestrate\produce the track.. and the time to put it up on AJ… It’s staying. Maybe that one track won’t get any bites for a while… but if it’s not available, it never will.

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bugakov_maxim says

Ok, thanks You’ve persuaded me =) I’ll improve my tracks

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
TJMusic says

Check the tracks in Envato Analytics. If a track with 0 sales had less than 100 views so far, it may be only a traffic problem, so advertise it outside AJ and look what happens. It’s unlikely that a track would generate even 1 sale after as little as 100 visits – it’s obviously a gamble, but on average, it takes more than 100 visits to generate a sale.

If the track already had more than 300 visits, it may mean the quality is the issue, so improve it and update the item. For example, if the composition is nice but an arrangement and production quality is low, you can rearrange and record and mix again.

The only case that justifies the deleting of the track, is if you are aware of its low quality and see no way to improve it – for example if the composition is bad, so any arrangement improvements are not going to help it.

by
by
by
by
by
by