409 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Canada Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
joesacco says

A top 40 style track I just recently did for a client. It’s just waiting for vocals! Tips/advice please!

http://soundcloud.com/joesacco/rescue-me-love-trip-2/s-Zseuc
43 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
SparrowArt says

Sounds nice. I suggest lowering the bass level and compressor ratio (make it less audible).

409 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Canada Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
joesacco says

Thanks you’re probably right ! I’ll try that.

Check out this tune I just recently mixed as well. Amazing hip-hop artist from my hometown his name is “eclipse”.

http://soundcloud.com/joesacco/eclipse-be-mice-elf
1122 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Switzerland Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says
SparrowArt said
Sounds nice. I suggest lowering the bass level and compressor ratio (make it less audible).

I think the opposite :) The bassline now is probably a bit to loud, because its audible, but i can’t “feel” the bass :) I would maybe keep this bassline in a range of 200Hz, but add another one “deep down” to deliver a bit more drive and edge to the track. “always add some dirt” ;)

I hope you know what i mean, and it’s realy only my idea… the track is ok as it is now.

409 posts
+2 more
joesacco says

Thanks for the input SonicCube. I have mixed some vocals within the track. I will upload again soon and maybe play with the bass a touch more. Are you saying to add some dirt to the deep down bass or to the 200Hz range bassline? Thanks!

1122 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Switzerland Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello Joe

I would try to add some dirt to the mid frequency range bass ( like sligth distortion ). Because the low end bass should not be distorted under 80Hz, otherwise it will mess up everything :)

Let me know, when i should try to add some deep and dirty bass :)

409 posts
+2 more
joesacco says

Are you saying you want to add a bass line to that?! Yes be my guest!

1122 posts
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello Joe

Cool, i’m up to the job ( well, i try ) :) Send me the file ( mp3 is fine ) by email if possible ( with bpm and rootkey )

daniel@sonicmediadesign.com

by
by
by
by
by
by