311 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
Berlin-InEar says

Dear Top New Authors,

did you realize any benefits from appearing in this list? What about changes in traffic, overall attention and sales? I would be very interested in that.

cheers, Sebastian

90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Bright_Ideas says

Hi Berlin,

While is certainly doesn’t hurt to be in top new authors list, from what I’ve seen and heard from other authors is it doesn’t really impact future sales. A lot of new authors mistakenly believe it’s important to get on this list, but it doesn’t seem buyers really look at it. It would be nice if audiojungle had a more visible way of promoting top new music, maybe something similar to the top 30 new items in the radio player linked on the home page. But the good news is if you do make it on the list it means you are doing something right.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
RiotBoyScout says

I reached nr. 3 on the top new authors list within the first month, and although I saw a significant increase in followers, I did not see any sustainable increase in sales from being on that list :-)

311 posts
+4 more
Berlin-InEar says

Hi Bright_Ideas & RiotBoyScout,

thanks for your answers. I agree that a more visible way of top new music promotion would be very helpful. Although my chances to reach the list seems to be ok (17 sales so far this month) it would be nice get costumer attention out of it. E.g. I realised that my best selling track http://audiojungle.net/item/the-beauty-of-technology/5239644 performed very well as long as it appeared on the first two category pages. Since then I saw obvious decreasing pageviews & sales. A pity.

As it seems like you have two possibilities of increasing attention: 1. Sell more than 10-11 licenses in one week (which has to happen as quickly as your song appears on the first category pages) and reach the top30 2. Having the fortune of getting featured

What do you think, guys? Any other ideas (which are not a State secret)? ;)

cheers

311 posts
+4 more
Berlin-InEar says

P.S.: who long are you a “new” author and can you be in the top-list more than once?

by
by
by
by
by
by