31 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
deWORkSTATION says

What VST instruments are Top Author use … ?

161 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SubKutz says

I think they’re probably using a mixture of hardware and software. What I mean by Hardware is the use of real instruments.

243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

It depends on which category of top author you mean. Composers of orchestral music use Symphobia 1/2 or EastWestSymphonic Orchestra, probably Miroslav Philharmonics, too. But these are really expensive! Regards, Crian

31 posts
+2 more
deWORkSTATION says

I agree .. but their music is like a real orchestra, I was curious to those they use VST intruments, or maybe it’s their secret .. :impatient:

56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
vibecode says

I agree .. but their music is like a real orchestra, I was curious to those they use VST intruments, or maybe it’s their secret .. :impatient:

There are a lot of multigigabyte Kontakt libraries in the market today (eastwest, projectsam, audiobro, vsl, etc.) that sounds “like a real orchestra” but the most significant aspect of their sound is a good composition, arrangement and mixing. Without this any of the most expensive library will sound lame. That’s all the magic and the secret.

662 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

There are a lot of multigigabyte Kontakt libraries in the market today (eastwest, projectsam, audiobro, vsl, etc.) that sounds “like a real orchestra” but the most significant aspect of their sound is a good composition, arrangement and mixing. Without this any of the most expensive library will sound lame. That’s all the magic and the secret.

+1 The ear is the key :)

BristolMusicTech
BristolMusicTech Recent Posts Threads Started
11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
BristolMusicTech says

the trick is layering sounds, whether straight duplicates or octaves and having a lot of sounds playing at once – you can get a very big sound by stacking up instruments playing similar riffs, especially if you can fine tune the start times so they aren’t clinical.

part having good sounds, part being skilled and knowing what to do, i’ve seen some youtube vids of “pro” orchestral libraries and due to poor arrangement they sound terrible when used badly.

31 posts
+2 more
deWORkSTATION says

+1 The ear is the key :)

we are in a big business ..!! composing, arranging, writing, mixing, mastering, all by yourself … amazing !?

263 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SkyProductions says

deWorkstation, were you asking if you need talent and good ears to make quality music? Because some of these replies seem to think you asked that.

I thought you clearly asked, “What VST instruments are Top Author use … ?” What type of VST ’s are you looking for? I’m not a top author here but I could help you out if you want.

MysticLotusMusic
MysticLotusMusic Recent Posts Threads Started
21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
MysticLotusMusic says

The pros are probably using the highest end samples that are known. Many of which have been mentioned here. Vienna Symphonic Library, Symphobia, Adagio Violins, etc. But I have learned recently that a lot of it has to do with your knowledge of how to make the samples actually sound good. (Believe it or not, after shelling out $1000’s, the samples STILL don’t sound good right out of the box.)

FarazSeremi and garethcoker were kind enough to direct me to these two places for more information. (Thanks again!) Also, sorry about the bad formatting here.. I have no idea how to fix it..:

A thread (Free to access) - http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-production/424380-techniques-make-vsts-sound-more-realistic.html A book (You’ll have to buy it) - http://www.amazon.com/The-Guide-MIDI-Orchestration-4e/dp/0240814134/ and I also stumbled across this (also have to buy) - http://www.groove3.com/str/midi-orchestration-explained.html

Additionally, you can always search youtube!

Here is one to get you started (Yay! free information!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlKybpLN9g
by
by
by
by
by
by