This is a suggestion I’d like to propose here for everybody to share their opinions, and especially for our UX guy justinfrench to respond
What is it all about? We often bundle up a few of our items into a pack and sell it like that. For some types of files, it is mandatory to first have all the files for sale individually in order to bundle them up. For other types, that isn’t the case. But what is common for all packs is that individual files from the pack CAN be found for sale separately.For now, we have an option to use html and interlink our files from the item description. Why is this not so good solution? Reasons:
- not everybody is familiar with or comfortable using html.
- everybody has their own style or writings, which can sometimes be ugly and sometimes can just make people don’t pay attention to the linked files. A chance for uniformity and visibility is missed here.
- for every pack, we have to edit all the files’ descriptions: description of a pack item and descriptions of all files included in a pack which are sold separately. Precious time is wasted on this.
My suggestion: when uploading an item, we get to select a pack file (if we’re uploading separate items after the pack was approved for sale) or individual files included in a pack (if we’re uploading a pack after individual files have been approved for sale). This tool automatically interlinks the files and displays them on an item’s page.Displaying For example:
- when previewing a pack item’s page, all individual files available to buy separately can be shown below, just like “similar items” or “other items by author” are displayed now.
- when previewing individual item’s page, there could be a badge in the right column to indicate and link to a pack that contains the item – similar to the “Item by Elite author” or “This item was featured” banners
These are just examples, just to show that it’s possible to “fit” the information somewhere withing the existing design scheme.
What we gain?
As stated above, authors gain improved and easier upload experience. And we all, authors and buyers, get better uniformity. Authors can showcase their items in a better way. Buyers can more easily find what best suits their needs, and can easily get used to this way of showing things, instead of “deciphering” every item’s description to see if there are packs or individual items for sale.
Please share your opinions and comments.
Is my suggestion really that useless to have this topic completely unnoticed? Or is it just a bad choice of title?
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Exclusive Author
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 Totally missed this but yes this would be useful since for example making music pack is currently PITA. Files are already uploaded so why not using them + faster workflow. (disclaimer we do hate manual watermarking too)