382 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Revturkey says

Just wait for my Mongolian nose flute, ukulele tap dancing opera!

139 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AmethistLab says

To Uke it is then…:) I also would like to be the guy in the top list with the unique song, but to get there it seems you need to do what sells first and sell it right. Thank you for the post and i guess from today “To uke” it is. Good luck to all the Uke and non Uke authors.

310 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
GroovingGecko says

1. Why the hostility toward ukuleles? I’ve never heard anyone complain over too many songs with guitar or piano…

2. Only 9,1% (5 out of 55, quick count) of the weekly top tracks have ukulele in them so I’m sure there’s room for other stuff up there. :P

Do what you love and it will be good!

47 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ClassicBeauty says

The Uke is alive and well, though it may be on the way down. I’m not a guitarist but I bought a Uke late December and hacked my way through a song that has become my best seller (by a narrow margin). Admittedly it does have whistling as well, so perhaps it’s the combo meal effect…

1272 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

Uke Uke Uke

The virus is not the Uke. The virus is the Dollar. :D

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Uke or not Uke – I think the most important is that everybody does what he can do the best or at least do it good.

I bet, there’s always a niche in any music style or instrumentation, as long it’s solid work, and of course, however it’s recommendable to not forget the commercial usability in all this!

But yeah, sometimes I do just things in any style I like, even when I’m not totally familiar with it,
like House – style music, and it is one of my bestsellers now, maybe because it’s not pure house and people like it because of this – a niche!?

And sometimes it’s just fun to make a track which doesn’t sell at all (yet?), but I had a lot of fun with it :D

by
by
by
by
by
by