Just wait for my Mongolian nose flute, ukulele tap dancing opera!
To Uke it is then…:) I also would like to be the guy in the top list with the unique song, but to get there it seems you need to do what sells first and sell it right. Thank you for the post and i guess from today “To uke” it is. Good luck to all the Uke and non Uke authors.
1. Why the hostility toward ukuleles? I’ve never heard anyone complain over too many songs with guitar or piano…
2. Only 9,1% (5 out of 55, quick count) of the weekly top tracks have ukulele in them so I’m sure there’s room for other stuff up there.
Do what you love and it will be good!
The Uke is alive and well, though it may be on the way down. I’m not a guitarist but I bought a Uke late December and hacked my way through a song that has become my best seller (by a narrow margin). Admittedly it does have whistling as well, so perhaps it’s the combo meal effect…
Uke Uke Uke
The virus is not the Uke. The virus is the Dollar.
Uke or not Uke – I think the most important is that everybody does what he can do the best or at least do it good.
I bet, there’s always a niche in any music style or instrumentation, as long it’s solid work, and of course, however it’s recommendable to not forget the commercial usability in all this!
But yeah, sometimes I do just things in any style I like, even when I’m not totally familiar with it,
like House – style music, and it is one of my bestsellers now, maybe because it’s not pure house and people like it because of this – a niche!?
And sometimes it’s just fun to make a track which doesn’t sell at all (yet?), but I had a lot of fun with it
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.