166 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
wademarshall says

So considering what’s popular here at the Jungle why do I feel like a sellout if I make a track with Uke , Handclaps, and glockenspiel? Or should everyone have at least one Uke track?

2097 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

Do it – it can’t hurt! :)

736 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

You’re here to sell music right? Make music that sells then – whatever it takes. If I took to heart the opinion of everyone around when I started I’d still be at ten sales (no offense to those with 10 sales of course :) , but you understand.)

When you want sales you just gotta do what works sometimes. When you get more momentum, then step out and be more creative and take more risks.

This is why there are 100 threads with “why don’t I have any sales” People don’t understand the nature of the marketplace. If you want the best song on AudioJungle title, get ready for single digit sales :)

For me, I don’t think I am some amazing composer or producer – but I understand how the site works and what buyers are looking for. That is more important for sales I think…

1557 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

The term ‘Selling out’ doesn’t really apply to AJ because AJ is all about making music that sells.

Short answer: Produce what you think will sell as best you can :)

1557 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

You’re here to sell music right? Make music that sells then

Damn Tim you beat me to it :D

Wise words from one of the top authors here. I would listen to that advice Mr. Marshall!

166 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in United States
wademarshall says

I agree with you guys! Make music that sells. I have to be honest and say I was surprised that music I uploaded that I thought wouldn’t be a good Audiojungle type tracks have been getting sales so that’s why I ask. I guess it all depends sometimes!

217 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

I am pretty sure that in the contributor agreement fine print there is a requirement for each author to create a Uke , Handclaps, and glockenspiel track.

274 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
JumaStudios says

I don’t know guys…it has kind of two sides… Ukes and claps and glocks are selling great but people who buy them know most of the times to which authors to go and look for such tracks. It is always good to follow successful authors and their music. It is inspiring and definitely you got plenty to learn from. Having some of this kind of items in the portfolio definitely doesn’t hurt and who knows, you might even get a few sales on them. But I find it hard to believe that nowadays you can become a top author with such items. I might be wrong of course…Personally I didn’t go in this direction until now, but rather tested other styles with a commercial potential. And I will try in the future to find my own way, of course not loosing from sight the market trends or the work of other great authors around here.

359 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
brandonamatias says

I am not the person to be answering this question lol as I think only 2 of tracks DON’T have an ukulele in them :D

1557 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

I am not the person to be answering this question lol as I think only 2 of tracks DON’T have an ukulele in them :D

You’re a great example then. Got your black paw (passed $5000 of sales) in like 6 months!

by
by
by
by
by
by