284 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mr_Necturus says

Item exclusivity instead of author exclusivity will be much better for me and for some more people, but not for Envato, I am afraid.

591 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
jayc says

Hi,

how many time can you switch from exclusive to non-exclusive author, is there any restriction?

Regards, JayC

335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says
Hi,

how many time can you switch from exclusive to non-exclusive author, is there any restriction?

Regards, JayC

I don’t think there’s any restrictions, but when you switch to non exclusive, it used to take one month, not sure if it’s changed.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+1 more
gregdoesmusic says

How does exclusivity affect Audio Jungle authors trying to license their tracks to music supervisors through services like Music Dealers, or MusicSupervisor.com or other music libraries?

The language in the agreement states that exclusive authors agree

“only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium”.

Since tracks on Music Dealers or MusicSupervisor.com are not technically “for sale” do they still fall under the exclusivity agreement or does it pertain more to royalty-free, stock-media sites like Revostock?

When I was first getting started I threw my tracks around everywhere to test the waters and see what worked. Now some of my more successful AJ tracks are also in some music libraries with 2-year contracts. I’d be happy to take my tracks off of other stock sites but I’m stuck in the libraries. I would really like to go exclusive but I’d almost have to start from scratch unless music libraries don’t fall under the “selling products through other sites or mediums” description.

335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says
“only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium”. Since tracks on Music Dealers or MusicSupervisor.com are not technically “for sale” do they still fall under the exclusivity agreement or does it pertain more to royalty-free, stock-media sites like Revostock?

I think exclusivity would also mean that the item is available exclusively through Envato channels.

by
by
by
by
by
by