• 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
Tamixes
says

Hi there

I was wondering if there are any options in the pipeline to have both exclusive and non-exclusive files without having 2 user accounts.

At the moment, the exclusivity is based on the author not on the files, any chance of this changing? If I want to sell files exclusively, can I only do it by having 2 user accounts (one for exclusive files and one for non-exclusive)?

178 posts
  • Affiliate Level 6
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 4
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
JinWook
says

It would be nice to just change the option to file specific as opposed to user specific. Then again is there any specific reason you wouldn’t want to present a potential buyer with two options with every file?

640 posts
  • Affiliate Level 8
  • Author Level 14
  • Collector Level 4
  • Front Page Master
+12 more
Kriesi
says
If I want to sell files exclusively, can I only do it by having 2 user accounts (one for exclusive files and one for non-exclusive)?

yes currently thats the only possibility, others do it exactly like that ;)

337 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
Tamixes
says

I thought so, but was wondering if there were any plans to change it (based on the files not on the author)

3135 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 5
+4 more
Daniel_R
says

Very interesting…. Tamixes, is there any difference on selling exclusively and non? What are some cons / pros? Just wondering…

337 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
Tamixes
says

The pros are that an author gets a higher commission on exclusive files and the commission increases on a sliding scale starting at 40% (the more you sell the higher your commission). As a non exclusive author, the commission is a flat rate of 25% regardless of earnings/sales.

1665 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Winner
  • Featured Author
+10 more
flashedge
says

Becoming an exclusive author was the best choice I could ever make. I goofed around on other marketplaces before taking this decision and I’m glad I did. Envato is the best. :)

8586 posts Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Winner
+10 more
MSFX
says

I think I remember Jason or Cy mentioning exclusiveness on a per file basis was in the works, I may be wrong though… anyone official know?

337 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 4
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
Tamixes
says
Becoming an exclusive author was the best choice I could ever make. I goofed around on other marketplaces before taking this decision and I’m glad I did. Envato is the best. :)

I changed from exclusive to non exclusive, so I’m looking at the option of reversing it or starting a new exclusive account, as some of my files are exclusive to GR. I think staying exclusive is a way better option.

412 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
patrickjansen
says

Exclusive could be good when you’re a top author and throughout the times that AD has a large market domination compensating for ‘missed other sales’. In any other case, which I think is for most authors, I think non-exclusive is probably better. But hey, if it were up to me to make the choice for all other authors I’d prefer they stick to AD … less competition on other sites hehe ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by