• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

For example if 5 out of 10 negative feedback talks about lack of support and customization, there would be no point in displaying that towards public (may need other proper solution)
Strongly disagree. It’d be very important to display that to the public, because they can understand that the Item doesn’t have any problem, is just a matter of support and customization, which is not part of the deal when they buy a license to use the Item. And by having the ability to reply to that review, then that would be ok.

You are thinking about few individual item’s unfair rating reasons to be exposed to the public. But look at the flip-side, in case half of the negative ratings (throughout ThemeForest) speaks just about support, it has the danger of triggering the same expectation towards other buyers (while they rate item) in a span of 6 months. Then we will need to find a new way of feedback to convey the quality of item. We don’t have any data, having just assumptions – probably even staffs have no idea about this I guess, that’s why they want to look the buyer reasons directly before making further progress.

Also those comments/reasons will help only when a buyer desperately wants to buy the low rating item and puts enough efforts to read the comments; most of the buyers wont spend more than 5 seconds to read. Only the numbers and symbols are helpful to grasp the scenario in the initial golden seconds – if that doesn’t help, buyers wont spend their time on the item page itself.

Myself also a buyer and to be frank, the only reason I spend my time on reading comments on a low rated product is to go through the funny rantings – not for info!

206 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

^ But again, if the reason of a low rating is support/customization, the system should automatically prevent that, and popup a window explaining the situation etc…

Only the numbers and symbols are helpful to grasp the scenario in the initial golden seconds – if that doesn’t help, buyers wont spend their time on the item page itself.

I agree. And if the 1 Stars of an Item is clickeable and takes you to all those reviews, explaining their reasons, then I think prospective buyers will be checking that for sure before they actually buy the Item.

by
by
by
by
by
by