3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

What’s with all this talk about the EU and the Euro ceasing to exist.. True, Greece, Ireland, Spain and Portugal are currently quite threatening to its stability, but it’s nowhere close to falling yet! There are still 440 billion Euro’s with the monetary union to these save countries, and the ministers of finance of all involved countries are doing their best to solve the issue at hand :o I have faith in the Euro!

With America on an ever steepening decline and now Russia and China abandoning the USD like that, I guess the time has (once again) come to switch to Euro’s.

However, this will never happen. The thing is; as far as I know many of the customers are American (I did not base this on any statistics, as I don’t have access to those :o ). Americans are generally known for not caring much about a few dollars and easily make a purchase here – I guess introducting the Euro as a currency would demotivate them quite a bit.

It has been suggested before to have multiple currencies on the marketplace (state the price in the currency of choice of the user), but all with all I doubt all these changes will do much good. Now seems not the time for any radical changes; let’s just wait which currencies make it out of the valuta war alive, and perhaps we’ll all be using the Northern-Euro in a few years from now (there’s talk about shrinking the monetary union to include just the northern, more stable, European countries ;) )

TL;DR I’d love switching to the Euro, but I guess Envato has solid reasons not to, and it might prove counterproductive to sales..

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

What’s with all this talk about the EU and the Euro ceasing to exist..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/03/angela-merkel-germany-abandon-euro

I think its very possible as we start to see the harsh cuts planned across Europe.

3 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
pkozera says

For now I don’t think it’s a good idea…euro is still unstable. And more expensive…

[For example – you can compare prices on Staem and GamersGate for ex. Trine, it’s awersome game, but difference between 20 euro and 20 dollars is quite big ;) ]

For now Envao has great balance between prices and quality – don’t change that! :)

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

For now Envao has great balance between prices and quality – don’t change that! :)

Changing to a different currency doesn’t mean changing all the dollar signs for euro signs and leaving the values behind them as is, obviously.

But yeah, never gonna happen :o

by
by
by
by
by
by