536 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
Farley_Design says

You just can decrease half time if you name, order, create folders,color layers,notes in layers, organize the compositions etc etc while you are working. i never let a comp as new composition or new white layer when working. It also give you a good feeling when you open the project to continue working and you know you wont have to do all this tedious things after.I like to see what buyers will see to check its fine and friendly Then make previews, promote in social networks, select good screenshoots and make the choice is a little hard.

+100

132 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
keybal says

This phase kills creativity…

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I usually spend a day or more on the user guide. I think it needs it. I do this, so I don’t constantly have buyers contacting me for support (which works). It’s also part of the reason that I don’t upload much. I have a small handful of finished projects with no user guide. Just can’t bring myself to do it!

Actually, I’m very good at starting projects. I have tens of unfinished projects. I guess I just like the design stage better than the implementation.

Another area that really slows me up, is the duplicating, laying out, making customizable etc. etc. This is really a part of templates that is no fun. I guess you can equate it to rounds of changes on a freelance job, but there there’s no option to avoid it indefinitely!

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

About 2 hours, except rendering ofcourse.

I’ve made some templates for myself of help file and all those additional necessary things like tags and description of the item I do while the item is rendering.

Also I have psd template files for thumb pic and inline pic ready.

And tidying up the composition takes me about 20 minutes.

You wount believe it but actualy I love this part :))))) I just realy hate the queue part…. :D

50 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SpaceCrusher says

Actually, I’m very good at starting projects. I have tens of unfinished projects. I guess I just like the design stage better than the implementation.

I’m with you felt_tips! I actually started tons of projects years ago, but I spent soooo long making multiple video tutorials and making everything nice and customizable for a file that I was really happy with, but the project was flat rejected. That destroyed my motivation because I spent a week on that project, much in the boring phase after the design and had nothing to show for it, so I pretty much quit for a while. If it was just a matter of designing and animating something cool it would be way easier to churn out files!

by
by
by
by
by
by