110 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a blog post
+3 more
Atzar says

largely depends on the price point I feel. If it’s like $100 it would sell very well, i’d pick one up. A more expensive console would kill it off I feel. I mean the vita was a really cool device too, but it just was too expensive and didn’t have a wide variety of games. This claims it will stream off PC games which is cool, but how many pc games utilize a game keypad like this? Basically only console ports.

I think developers will be able to have a lot more fun with shield that the PS vita, so we might see some quite cool stuff, especially with the very powerful chip it has… :)

97 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Hekia says

Give me one! :)

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Will this happen? Maybe or maybe not. Usually things announced at CES are more of “concept” ideas more than anything. There are some items from CES 2012 that were cancelled or still waiting for release:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/01/ces-2013-vaporware/

This concept will never take off in my opinion, looks way too retro for my liking. I mean, millions of people already have smart phones for playing games, and although they are limited in some aspects, they are the real future of gaming. Perhaps there can be attachments for mobile devices, but buying yet another device to play games? That was so PSP/DS…

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Bad?? Its looks awesome.

well is just my opinion.

fortunately I know the CEO at nvidia and I will talk with him tomorrow to scrap this project.

282 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
sightsignal says

“The clamshell-style portable will be available in the US in “Q2 2013”, Forbes reports, for an as-yet unannounced price.” from eurogamer.net

Q2 is just around the corner in terms of tech… but true, who knows if it will take off.

754 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

I have a feeling it will end up being like Sony’s first PSP: everyone has one but no one uses them.

1739 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

It looks more like a concept to me. It’s kinda “weird” and if the tech side or pricing side is not “acceptable” then it would be a failure, I guess.

297 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Cinquequarti says

Really interesting. But don’t forget, hardcore gamers, that a new console generation is going to be put on the market. We’ll see. Anyways, if project shield will have an affordable price maybe sould worth it to buy one…

by
by
by
by
by
by