86 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
pietrogirardi says
Hi there, this item http://audiojungle.net/item/movin-up/4452176 was approved a few days ago. It was a tough job, and it has lyrics (not so frequent in AJ items) so I hoped for some sales, especially in the very first days.

But nothing happened, so I’m wondering if there’s something “wrong” (lyrics? voice? mixing?). Please let me know what you think of it.

25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
CrabbaBuzz says

Hi Petro – Just listened your song ,Overall sound and song by itself is great and have strong potential.. So just be patiened!!!

2005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hey Pietro
The song sounds very nice, maybe just a little bit Italian accent, as much I can say as non english native speaking…? :P

I think “moving” sounds a bit like moving with “o” (like “Moto”), but it probably should be a bt more more like our “u” (ultimo…). And “sun” e.g. should be a bit more like Italian “a” (andiamo).

I bet it wasn’t Kadenza reviewing your song? She probably would have told you (in my experience… :D )

But I think it’s a really cool song anyway!! Just be patient! And maybe you try to improve the pronunciation a little bit?

I made the same experience with my vocal tracks:
http://audiojungle.net/collections/2438628-vocal&ref=matsteiner?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sort_by=sales_count&type_id=2438628

They don’t sell like brother Tim’s ;) (well, they are not that good either :) )

86 posts
+2 more
pietrogirardi says

Ciao Mat, thanks for your feedback! I’ll try for sure to improve pronunciation on those words… It’s weird you didn’t sell much with your vocal tracks, I thought there was more request than offer for this kind of music – but I guess I was wrong… :depressed:

Anyway, let’s wait and see!

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
129 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

Ciao! The pronounce is indeed not perfect and that is a big NO for clients…you can have the best sounding track in the world but without a perfect english pronunciation they will NEVER consider your track :(

Also I personally think that at some points of the song you should go kinda crazy with the singing and higher otherwise it remains a little boring…

These are only constructive critics…I hope it helps…

I wish you many sales!

Mario

809 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says

Nothing wrong…sometimes thats the way it goes. Some of what I think is my best stuff hasnt sold for months! Then you get a sale.ake sure the tags are good and promotion is strong…sales will come.

86 posts
+2 more
pietrogirardi says

Ciao! The pronounce is indeed not perfect and that is a big NO for clients…you can have the best sounding track in the world but without a perfect english pronunciation they will NEVER consider your track :(

Also I personally think that at some points of the song you should go kinda crazy with the singing and higher otherwise it remains a little boring…

I wish you many sales!

Mario
Thank you Mario for the critics, I’ll take them into account!
86 posts
+2 more
pietrogirardi says

Nothing wrong…sometimes thats the way it goes. Some of what I think is my best stuff hasnt sold for months! Then you get a sale.ake sure the tags are good and promotion is strong…sales will come.
Thanks Del, I’m a bit heartened as this is the first feedback from a native english speaker ;-)
Anyway, Let’s wait and see (right now I’m selling mostly old tracks, so I think it’s just a matter of time…)
Best,
Pietro
MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
129 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

I wish you many sales!

Mario
Thank you Mario for the critics, I’ll take them into account!

You’re welcome! (avevo paura ti offendessi :) )
Keep writing good music! and good luck!

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
Habiru says

Hi,

I’m a listner, so with that goes a critic. I am NOT a musician. :-) First of all, like the song, however the voice is too far in front or forward, and too harsh.

Soften your pronouciation. Mix it back a bit and try again. Here in Canada, one of the draw backs some of our artists have is the hard pronouncition and it comes across harsh. Listen to how the Brits (for the most part) sing, soft, soft, soft. Round off the ends of the words as it were.

Don’t give up!

by
by
by
by
by
by