381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
redfactory says

Hi authors and developers :-)

I’m Patrick Cohen, one of the founders at Red Factory. Currently i’m working on a small project, called “Themecustomizers”. As the name already suggests, it’s about customization for themes. Recently i’ve noticed a lot of comments/questions from buyers about customization jobs for our themes. (and from other authors as well)

In another thread, i’ve read about payed support etc. i’m not sure if this idea would be the “same”. In my opinion “theme customizing” could be a separate service, as this could give other developers the opportunity for doing such jobs.

In the first place I want to connect developers with our buyers with a redirect to Themecustomizers where we can handle the actual “service”. This redirect will happen via a button at our themepages. I’m looking for developers who wants to join Themecustomizers and theme authors who wants to redirect their buyers for customization. Just leave your info at Themecustomizers or leave a nice reply :)

Love to hear your ideas and pricing on this!

Cheers,

Red Factory

PS. My initial idea about pricing is a small commission for theme authors (on redirecting) so developers can freely use our service.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Cool, just signed up and tweeted it.

Regarding pricing, I don’t really understand the ‘commission for theme authors’ part. Are you going to charge the authors? Or… how? The way I see it, you’d get a fee or % from each gig. So you’d get payed by buyers/devs, rather than the original author.

Is the site only going to connect people, or is it going to handle transactions as well?

Asking because I just went through an unpleasant situation recently, where I customized a theme, the buyer modified my customizations, broke the theme, decided he doesn’t like it anymore and asked for a refund on Paypal (saying he’s not going to pay for a theme that doesn’t work; even though my work was a fully functional customization service).

So you see, if you’re planning on handling transactions too, having some sort of developer and buyer protection is a must. I do know this complicates things a lot, but thought I’d ask.

Anyway, keeping my eyes on this one. I’ll send you a message shortly, I think we can collaborate ;)

381 posts
+6 more
redfactory says

Hi @digitalimpact

Thanks for your reply :-) I think i’ve mixed up some thoughts myself about the pricing. What I mean is, indeed, to charge a % per gig (for themecustomizers.com), we can reward theme authors a small commission as well for redirecting to us. I think for protection/quality reasons, we should handle the transactions as well.

Sent you an e-mail :-)

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Cool, it’s better that professionals in the field handle disputes. You can’t be the judge of something if you have no idea about it, and I think this is the case with Paypal disputes.

100 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
StevenGliebe says

This sounds neat. Will have to check it out when it goes live.

150 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
designsatnight says

Just signed up, sounds like a good idea.

381 posts
+6 more
redfactory says

Thanks! Hope to launch this service within a few weeks! We think the power lies in the community effect of this :-)

This sounds neat. Will have to check it out when it goes live.
381 posts
+6 more
redfactory says

Thank you for your support! :-D I would like to know what you think of the features and how you invision this to work for you. If you have some spare time left, love to have a chat on skype, just dm me :-)

Just signed up, sounds like a good idea.
831 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+7 more
wpbakery says

Hey Patrick, count me in. I will be glad to drive you some traffic for a reasonable commission %.

381 posts
+6 more
redfactory says

Thanks! Are you already referring to other developers for your customization jobs? They could probably join the party :chuckle: Cheers!

Hey Patrick, count me in. I will be glad to drive you some traffic for a reasonable commission %.
by
by
by
by
by
by