• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
kayapati says

Badly my new theme was rejected after 2 months hard work, really I am very sad on this, at-least the author should have sent me any improvements or where the item can be improved to accept it, does the theme that much BAD !?

Theme Preview

this is the generic email I got from the reviewer:

We’re sorry, your item Apogee: A creative WordPress CMS Theme has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.

=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===

I understand this has been approved under ST but I’m afraid this is not good enough for the WP category.

We can make an exception if the site template sales are exceptional but 25 sales in almost a month isn’t very encouraging.

As is, I’m sorry to say I have to reject it. If needed, please open a ticket to discuss this item further.

- Important: Improvements or fixes MUST be made to the above described areas before resubmitting. Resubmitting without making any of the requested changes violates our policy and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship rights. === Check the Wiki === Before moving on to Additional Support, please check our Wiki for common submission issues and other valuable information. If you do not find the information you are seeking, you may move on to obtaining Additional Support.

ThemeForest Wiki: http://wiki.envato.com/tag/themeforest-basics/ ThemeForest Common Rejection Factors: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/selling-rejections/themeforest-common-rejection-factors/

=== Additional Support === If you do not understand the above described reasons for declining your submission, you may submit a support ticket requesting further clarification at http://themeforest.net/support Please select “General Inquiry” and include your reviewer’s name and message. We will typically respond within 48 hours but your request may take longer depending on request and staff availability.

- Important: Do not reply to this email as we will not receive it. You must submit a support request to speak with our support or review staff. Do not attempt to contact reviewers directly as our policy requires that they only discuss reviews within our support system.

- -

Thanks again for your submission, we look forward to seeing more of your work.

All the best, Siddharth

153 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
ThemeVan says
My item was rejected too, I posted a thread here and ask for advice, many reviewers give me some sincere and useful suggestions, perhaps you can also refer to these. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/themes-is-rejected-need-your-advice/58756
164 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
tonyc says

Hey,

Here are a couple of things that bug me:

- The next & prev arrows on the slier aren’t very attractive

- The read more buttons are hard to read

- There is a feeling of inconsitency in the graphic elements. For example the sidebar widget boxes have a feeling of 3d and layering, but everything else is extremely flat. There are also at least 4 styles of icons, bullets etc.

5 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
intheme says

Hey,

tried to compare it with your HTML template, and in fact HTML looked somewhat better. So I think you can start here – make WP version look at least better than HTML version.

A few things that I’ve noticed:

1. Pseudo-logo looks better in HTML . 2. The arrow that shows “top footer” is quite unusable. You don’t expect anything, so you don’t click there. And if you do – you get disappointed, because there’s some not-so-relevant information. Maybe you should put a label next to that arrow? A la “Apooge elsewhere” or something. 3. http://templatesden.com/TF/WPCMS/apogee/portfolio-3-column/ shows two columns in latest Chrome on Mac OSX .

In general it looks really working and neat, but it lacks “a tick”. Something that would make me think “oh, cool”.

Good luck!

242 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
kayapati says

badjohnny , tonyc and intheme Thank yous for your feedback, I will consider those inputs and update the theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by