44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

“House of Rejected Projects” is a nice idea :)

cheers simlos

634 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

Let’s call it “House of Horrors”Do you dare to enter and witness the most gruesome project templates known to man….MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1044 posts Massfocus
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

I’m gonna be honest here, and it will be the first and last time i bring it up. My files have been rejected almost 50% of the time and mostly because of very vague explanations after it being approved at a later point by another reviewer. I think there is one specific reviewer that holds a grudge or at least a intense critical eye on me whenever i submit at item, which i do and do not appreciate at the same time. It can’t be a coincidence why my 100% approved items get reviewed by some fellas and when the other person reviews my file it gets rejected immediately. The reason i started a thread about why my file got rejected cause was just like that, because i felt i was being treated differently by a particular individual for a extended period of time. I got tired of it and decided to make a thread about it to see others opinions, after reviewing them i believed the reviewer actually had a valid argument and i let go only to see not even a week later another file that resembled mine got through the approval phase and up to the front page of the hive. Now i am not going to say that my files are top notch and there is never anything wrong with them, i make mistakes and i happily edit/improve upon them, but after a while it gets tiring, rejection after rejection.. one of the biggest reason i didn’t upload anything since then, because i felt when looking at other submissions that i am clearly being treated differently by someone that makes the decision for if my file gets accepted or not.

I also believe there are more authors here that feel this way and some of them (also long time and experienced) decide to make a thread about it because they feel they are treated unjust. Now to be fair i am not blaming anyone for doing this to us authors because i believe everyone is just trying to do their job, but because the end all decision is made by multiple individuals who have multiple views on whether a file should get accepted or not these things are bound to happen.

So why i made this post is the following – i understand that you don’t want to see these ’’useless’’ threads about people that are sad or disappointed that their file got not accepted or removed from the marketplace because of ’’fraud’’ ’’bad design’’ etc. I just want to say that when people do this, they treat the forum as a place to vent (like i am doing right now) because they want to hear the opinions of their colleague or friends here.

And talking about sub-forums i believe that while videohive is growing like it is at the moment we need a forum that is ’’author only’’ so we can discuss these issues with each other because sooner or later it is bound to happen again and this ’’whining’’ spiral will just keep going and going.

God i think i had a beer to many but whatev’s i sincerely mean whatever i say here and like i said – you wont hear me mention it again. /end rant.

13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
FXBoxx says

Same thing happened with me too. Earlier one of my logo animation was rejected saying there are lot of simillar logo reveals already there in videohive. But the very next day i saw exactly ( can say 99% ) same style of logo animation was approved here and it was there in the popular files for almost a month making good sales. I really got pissed of with this. That is one reason i posted here on the forums for my last file rejection. I agree different reviewer will have different opinions. But then that is not treating authors equally. If one reviewer approves the file and the other reviewer rejects the same file, i don’t think the problem is with the file or author. It is with the reviewers. This goes with the pricing of the project also. Each reviewer will set the price of the file according with their own ideas. Then where is the possibility of everyone is given equal treatment. So i believe the reviewers should work together on this. So that no authors get affected or everyone is treated equaly.

309 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
DarkLand says

Yes., we need a ReviewTeam:
I got soft rejection 2 times for my last item:
1st time: Your item looks huge and dated. currently it is low resolution. there is no tiny details.
I correct all those things and upload it.
2nd time: In text placeholders letters are overlapping so I correct it.
Absolutely soft rejection improves the quality. if they mention all the mistakes in single time then every thing will be easy. In 1st rejection itself the letters are over lapped. but reviewer did’t mention that. He may miss it. if they are working as team then everything will be fine.

7762 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Yes., we need a ReviewTeam:
I got soft rejection 2 times for my last item:
1st time: Your item looks huge and dated. currently it is low resolution. there is no tiny details.
I correct all those things and upload it.
2nd time: In text placeholders letters are overlapping so I correct it.
Absolutely soft rejection improves the quality. if they mention all the mistakes in single time then every thing will be easy. In 1st rejection itself the letters are over lapped. but reviewer did’t mention that. He may miss it. if they are working as team then everything will be fine.

I can bring an explanation to this. But this is just my impression so take it as you want.

I think the reviewer will check the item till he finds a problem. If is a hard reject problem then your item is out. He will not continue to check and provide feedback. Let’s say in your flv preview there is some visible animation issue. You get hard rejected and the reviewer probably didn’t open your ae file. So you fix the animation but next time you upload there some issue inside the after effects file.

One can get this personally but if you think is just the consequence of reducing review time.

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Not taking the time to read a page or two of instructions and recommendations leads to this. A billion useless threads and the same people answering the same questions over and over again. Being a new comer is a poor excuse. It does not mean you cannot read. One can understand why this is becoming annoying.

Good thing the “Did you get your money on 15th ?!!??????” threads have stopped. There are like a hundred of these already..

I ask stupid questions as well. However, I take a few minutes to check the forums and knowledge base in advance. I value other people’s time as I value mine.

I did not mean to sound.. mean.

186 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
iluzie says

I strongly agree with InlifeThrill

What happened to the forum? lately why everyone doesn’t have the patience anymore?

To all my friends, especially a new author, please try to be patient and careful study of this great community. I am still new here myself, but lately I see a lot of threads that I think is unprofessional and immature. Not mean to offend anyone, but I think this is not good anymore see too many people complaining. Rejecting is not the end of all, it’s a start for you to get better.

Such discussions ever, if your file was acceptable but didn’t reach to minimum quality of this site. It will be difficult your own in the end, as the file will not be sold or you get more complaints from buyers who were disappointed will your files. Please try a little positive thinking to the reviewer. Is it better to us as the author always try to give a good and useful work for the user? I’m sure the reviewer has the capacity and capability that is sufficient to select a file to be approved.

Last from me, keep real dude! In the real world out there more harder than this. There is no where as good as here i think, because here you are free to express yourselves, experiment and expend all your skills without having to be haunted by the client. That’s how I feel! :).

note : sorry for my bad english

596 posts THINK DIFFERENT
  • Won a competition
+8 more
Generator says

OP – Ken. Totally agree.

Also, why do you all (we, because I’ve commented) perpetuate it?

863 posts Nicely done
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

maybe make a separate subforum, the “House of Rejected Projects”, or whatever, that way those type of posts could still be around, just not on the main board… so you can get feedback from each other

It’s funny you mention this, because there actually IS a thread for item discussions. Oddly enough, it’s called “Item Discussion” in the dropdown of the “Forum” menu. Any author who wants feedback on their rejected item is free to post there.

Here’s the link: http://videohive.net/forums/topic/item-discussion/32

by
by
by
by
by
by